Writing Mechanical Trading System

Please dont spam this post. I am redefining what i am looking for
1) Name of broker or desktop package, that alow market access for sending orders to exchange thru programming interface
2) Market data provider, that provide programming interface so that i can integrate market data with my algorithm
3) Is there some cheap option already avaialble that do above things where i can plugin my algorithm in flexible way.
4) Similarly a way to backtest my algorithm, hence need historical data and a test bed.

Any how let me know if any one intersted in writing software in Java, that can meet above defined objectives.
Thanks
From your questions it appears that you are a beginer with no trading experience in mkts.Also you want everything readymade. Start learning and slowly trading. Just writing a syst is a waste of time and money.This game is too damn complicated my friend !!! Hope you realise it and put in some solid efforts in learning. Day trading is not for everyone as it requires sharp mind and quick actions.

Best Wishes to you ,

columbus

From your questions it appears that you are a beginer with no trading experience in mkts.Also you want everything readymade. Start learning and slowly trading. Just writing a syst is a waste of time and money.This game is too damn complicated my friend !!! Hope you realise it and put in some solid efforts in learning. Day trading is not for everyone as it requires sharp mind and quick actions.

Best Wishes to you ,
Yes,Day trading is more complicated than what it appears on PAPER trading.

beginner_av

Please dont spam this post. I am redefining what i am looking for
1) Name of broker or desktop package, that alow market access for sending orders to exchange thru programming interface
2) Market data provider, that provide programming interface so that i can integrate market data with my algorithm
3) Is there some cheap option already avaialble that do above things where i can plugin my algorithm in flexible way.
4) Similarly a way to backtest my algorithm, hence need historical data and a test bed.

Any how let me know if any one intersted in writing software in Java, that can meet above defined objectives.
Thanks
Good to see that you are being a lil serious. For starters, Interactive Brokers is what you want.

Flock

Hacking into PIB or some other broker's application to do automated trading may not be a good idea even though it may be technically possible.

If something goes wrong, its your money on the line. You cant even complain. Unfortunately I dont know any broker who allows you to do automated trading in India.

BTW: Most broker's software does not work properly even manually. For automated trading first requirement is that broker's interface should be goof up free. :)

Hi Rahul,

If your trying for mechanical trading nothing wrong in that but your broker will not give you the software(Obvious that no one in this world that much benevolent to see others booking profit). You need to develop on your own which means you need to get streaming quote first. My suggestion is to go for PIB or ODIN . In PIB u can get tick data for all individual companies(which are stored in your market watch window). Process this Excel file for your data. In ODIN also Intrday data stored in CSV file and then only it fetches data from that CSV.

Developing Mechanical system is not that much easy. First of all we should
have proper strategies to win manually. Mechanical system will not help you if your manual system fails.

If you can pls answer my questions below

1. Why you need mechanical system?
2. Do you have a proper strategy which can make profit at the end of the day?

I am also doing extensive research in mechanical trading system. I am a
software engineer. My office timing is from morning 9 to 5. Thats why i am looking for mechnical system even then you need a guy to watch the system because there are lot many factors there to consider like internet connection cut.

Bye