Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

Jai Mata Di

Re: Maximum indicator on a chart is only 8! (limit withdrawn)

Why maximum indicator on a chart is only 8 and it is counting every EMA/MA on it? Running out of options.
I hope there will not be any limitation on maximum indicators on a chart on final version of Pi. :)
Max Indicator limit 8 just withdrawn. Thank you Zerodha for your prompt action. Ema,Stoch,RSI strip (major)problem SOLVED. :thumb:
Just need to add formatting options on both lines, can wait.. :)

Best Wishes & Happy Trading.

H.C.

futures

Market watch gives LTP (Last Traded Price) ,that means a trade has taken place
but on Chart a continuous display is shown.That is the main reason why chart disagrees
with market watch on many occasions.But once HIGH or LOW are recorded
there should be NO AMBIGUITY.
But, if the high and low is reconciled only at the end of the day by the charting s/w, something is off, isnt it?

If i see 8501.5 as the high of the day in NOW(for eg) for NF, i should see that as high in my charting software as well..if not something is seriously wrong. I understand that the trading platform itself does not catch all the ticks. But, if trading platform shows 8501.5 as the high of the day(assuming it happened 2 secs ago), the charting platform should capture that and show it in the chart.

Just for the record - never seen this anomaly in esignal. None of the platforms capture all the ticks but NOW's high/low and esignal high/low has always matched (within a second)

Last edited:

ocil

I agree that we cannot catch all the tick but open high low closed priced should match. how come real time data provider match the data?

I think this was discussed on Zconnect

Most(all) trading platforms in India plot the chart after it is recorded on the marketwatch. So technically the chart is always lagging the real market.

To fix this, we have a separate data streaming server. So while quotes are being streamed to Marketwatch, it is also being streamed to the charts. So in terms of speed of updates on chart, Pi must be close to the top if not already there.

Why you might have seen a different tick on Marketwatch and on Chart, because it is being streamed separately, ticks captured on marketwatch and chart might be different. Remember, there could be 100 ticks in a second, but what shows up is only one. Check this. http://tradingqna.com/8843/technical-charts-google-finance-yahoo-finance-amibroker-match

Sir,
I am trading with your new pi trading platform. It has all the complex technical indicators, chart types.But you have missed the BASIC real time chart(zero minute) with option to change graph time frames just like in tradetiger. For any one basic things are most useful .Also please add additional column: 'OPEN INTEREST CHANGE %'

Zerodha

But, if the high and low is reconciled only at the end of the day by the charting s/w, something is off, isnt it?

If i see 8501.5 as the high of the day in NOW(for eg) for NF, i should see that as high in my charting software as well..if not something is seriously wrong. I understand that the trading platform itself does not catch all the ticks. But, if trading platform shows 8501.5 as the high of the day(assuming it happened 2 secs ago), the charting platform should capture that and show it in the chart.

Just for the record - never seen this anomaly in esignal. None of the platforms capture all the ticks but NOW's high/low and esignal high/low has always matched (within a second)
My guess is that you are most likely trading Nifty futures or the most active traded contracts. If you trade the illiquid ones, you will spot this.

Here is how it is, NSE gives out raw data feed to brokers via leased lines(internet). NSE raw feed doesn't have O H L C for last 1 min, 5 min, 10 min or whatever. So the broker's server uses the feed and determines this O O H L C. be it for a min hour or whatever.

The issue here is that NSE is sending thousands/lakhs of ticks every second over internet, so most data doesn't really come through to the brokers server. The broker will use whatever data that comes through to create the O H L C. Hence different servers might receive data/ticks which is not exactly the same.

NSE gives out 2mbps dedicated leased lines today, so unless this goes to say 2gbps, I don't see how this issue will ever get fixed.

But yes like someone said, once the day is over, NSE will give an EOD O H L C, so ideally all daily charts O H L C charts should match.

Zerodha

I agree that we cannot catch all the tick but open high low closed priced should match. how come real time data provider match the data?
Real time data provider match the data with what is the question?

If you really want to know if real time data provider is matching, you will have to buy the historical Tick by tick data that NSE sells.

NSE sends this via CD. Take this data as this will have every tick that has happened on the exchange. Determine O H L C, and then match it with the charting platform that you are looking at.

Only then can you determine if your charting platform captures the correct O H L C.

To save you time,

we have already done this exercise from esignal to everything else. None of them match, and it is not possible to also.

VJAY

Dear Zerodha,
Today I formatted my system and downloaded ZT(3.11.2) from your site...Now terminal is okey but NEST have problems(Nest-2.8.0.0)...nest showing configuration error...is I need to do something ?please explain.

Zerodha

Dear Zerodha,
Today I formatted my system and downloaded ZT(3.11.2) from your site...Now terminal is okey but NEST have problems(Nest-2.8.0.0)...nest showing configuration error...is I need to do something ?please explain.
You need to download this file from our website, unzip it, and then paste the extracted content into C:\\Program Files\Omnesys\Nest3

This action will ensure you have the latest Nest Charts which is 2.9.3.0

You can check the version of your charts by using the shortcut Ctrl+Shift+P on your keyboard once logged into ZT.

VJAY

You need to download this file from our website, unzip it, and then paste the extracted content into C:\\Program Files\Omnesys\Nest3

This action will ensure you have the latest Nest Charts which is 2.9.3.0

You can check the version of your charts by using the shortcut Ctrl+Shift+P on your keyboard once logged into ZT.
Yes done all...but still NEST error...done restrt ZT 2-3 times