Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone could tell me how the below things are calculated in terms of % of what amount then that would be helpful.

1.Trans Chrg
2.Ser tax
3.Edu cess
4.H.Edu cess
5.STT
6.Stamp chrg
7.Sebi chrg
8.Brokerage

Thanks

Zerodha

:thumb::thumb:While there has been much discussion about zerodha on the various online trading forums, many small investors do not seem to have heard about zerodha. Therefore I (a small time investor) have posted a review of zerodha on mouthshut.com giving a general overview on the product.http://www.mouthshut.com/review/Zerodha-com-rptstusnmn
Please feel free to add your comments. Also I would request Sachin/zerodha representatives to provide their input/perspective to the review. It will be beneficial if you add your comments below the review at mouthshut. You will need to login to that site to post your comments. If you are not registered at moutshut please take a few moments to register...

Thank you for posting a review about us. I think it is well-worded and quite elaborate. It's an unbiased and honest review and we intend to only get better as time goes along.

Zerodha

Dear Sachin,

whenver I have tried putting in the AMO orders, it simply doesnt get executed or even acknowledeged by the exchange as order... Plz. enlighten us how to use the AMO in right way so that it eventually gets placed with the exchange & executed...Thanks

It is very easy to place an AMO. The order placement technique is the same as you would to place an order in the regular market. Just remember to place your After-market Orders only on Equity as there is no AMO concept for F&O.
Cheers...

Zerodha

Is there any problem with NOW ..bcoz i am not able to login from 2 days..
It show download only upto 35 % ..then stops working...
even in website i m not able to trade..

Get in touch with our office immediately at 080-41302020 and we'll be able to assist you. Generally, if the software is stopping at 35%, you either have a slow internet connection or your antivirus and firewall is blocking 'Launch NOW' so you have to add an exception for NOW on your antivirus and firewall.

If this information seems to technical, do call us and your problem will be fixed in a jiffy. :)

Zerodha

Hi All,
I am not sure if this is posted earlier or not .But I found the information today so thought of sharing.

In NOW's web version we can not sqare off exsiting holding.
We need to Buy back ( In case we are SHORT) Or SELL ( In case we are long)
the same amount or same month-end contract(in case of Future) of shares in NSE's Web version.

would appriciate if any Zerodha members confirm this.

I have below questions in mind.
1. If I am long in 200 Qty of a share XYZ @ Rs 100 and
now XYZ it trading at Rs 98. Suppose I want to place a limit short order of 50 Qty of XYZ @ 95 how does it happen.
When XYZ will come at 95 what will be my holdings
a. 150 Qty Buy @ Rs 100
b. 200 Qty Buy @ 100 and 50 Qty Sell @ 95 ( two orders)

Thanks

You have to put a sell order ONLY to 'square off' your holdings in equity.
You can do a 'square off' for F&O and also for intraday trades by just clicking on the square off button.

About your second question, if you are long 200 (quantity) at Rs. 100 and you intent to short 50 (quantity) at Rs. 95...
You will hold a total position of 150 (quantity) bought at Rs. 100. And you would have exited 50 (quantity) at Rs. 95. You wouldn't have any short position. You would still be long 150 (quantity).
You can see all this information in your 'Admin Positions' (F11) window! :)

Hi , Thanks for the info.
But today morning I called up your office. Some one said we dont have provision for Sqare off in www.now-online.in
And this is for Equity,Futurue and Options .
If the sqareoff position exists for futures in now-online could you please guide me where its present. I am not able to see it in my
screen.

Thanks
You have to put a sell order ONLY to 'square off' your holdings in equity.
You can do a 'square off' for F&O and also for intraday trades by just clicking on the square off button.

About your second question, if you are long 200 (quantity) at Rs. 100 and you intent to short 50 (quantity) at Rs. 95...
You will hold a total position of 150 (quantity) bought at Rs. 100. And you would have exited 50 (quantity) at Rs. 95. You wouldn't have any short position. You would still be long 150 (quantity).
You can see all this information in your 'Admin Positions' (F11) window! :)

Zerodha

Hi , Thanks for the info.
But today morning I called up your office. Some one said we dont have provision for Sqare off in www.now-online.in
And this is for Equity,Futurue and Options .
If the sqareoff position exists for futures in now-online could you please guide me where its present. I am not able to see it in my
screen.

Thanks

Hi! It's very easy to square off F&O positions or intraday positions using your (NOW EXE software):
1. Hit F11 on your computer - This takes you to Admin Positions.
2. On that screen, select 'Daywise' or 'Netwise' based on when you took the position.
3. Select the contract/stock you wish to square off... the 'square off' button on the right-hand bottom gets active.
4. Click on it. Your positions are squared off at the market rate.

Please note that we do not have a 'squareoff' option on the web-based terminal at www.nowonline.in yet.
Cheers... :)

augubhai

Unable to modify or cancel SL orders in NOW LBS

Sachin,

There seems to be a bug in the low bandwidth site of NOW.

When I try to modify or cancel a Stop Loss order in NOWLBS, I get this message:
"Please select an open order to modify"

The status for open Stop Loss orders is "Trigger Pending", so there is no way to modify or cancel.

There is no problem in modifying Limit Orders, since the status of open Limit orders is "Open".

Could you please get someone from NOW to look into this? A large part of my trading consists of modifying trailing stop losses.

Status
Not open for further replies.