1 lakh to 652 lakhs in 497 trading days - Winning 20% of Trade in NIFTY Futures - Bac

Whether the latest MTP v2.2 tool is useful?

• YES. The tool helps to take safe positions using FLOW and Renko Charts

Votes: 26 92.9%
  • NO. The tool is not useful

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

anup

Re: 1 lakh to 652 lakhs in 497 trading days - Winning 20% of Trade in NIFTY Futures -

As Prabhsingh is suggesting, Add volume with OI... It will become more precise system.... Volume will be the quantity that has been taken by the people and OI can be outstanding quantity (Ex: if 6000 call is trading at 100 and i place order to buy at 90 the OI adds up by 1)... But volume is quantity that the has been added...

All seniors please review and suggest My statement and help Raj, as he is doing excellent job...

prabhsingh

Re: 1 lakh to 652 lakhs in 497 trading days - Winning 20% of Trade in NIFTY Futures -

When volumes are High should we taking it as Writing?

Please be little more specific. Volumes can indicate buying or selling.
OI Price Interpretation
--------------------------------
Up Up Long Build Up
Up Down Short Build Up
Down Up Short Unwinding
Down Down Long Unwinding

Now Volume can indicate either buying or selling.For e.g if Call/Put writers are covering up their positions then we might see heavy volumes and at occassions Call/Put accumulations can also generate heavy volumes.Hence there is no specfic rules which can describe whether Volumes lead to buy or sell.

healthraj

OI Price Interpretation
--------------------------------
Up Up Long Build Up
Up Down Short Build Up
Down Up Short Unwinding
Down Down Long Unwinding

Now Volume can indicate either buying or selling.For e.g if Call/Put writers are covering up their positions then we might see heavy volumes and at occassions Call/Put accumulations can also generate heavy volumes.Hence there is no specfic rules which can describe whether Volumes lead to buy or sell.
Prabhsingh, So In this case we agree that we cannot use Volume to take any decisions.

prabhsingh

Prabhsingh, So In this case we agree that we cannot use Volume to take any decisions.
Not only in this case but in any case its not that straightforward just to take a trading call on the basis of Volume.Atleast not that i am aware of.It has to be combination of "Change in OI" and "Volume" which can provide you some directional call.

anup

But trading only on OI also may not be accurate..... Along with OI someother factors to be clubbed..

healthraj

Tool for Option Trading.

Somebody in the thread (I think it is Option.Trader) who was asking for a Option Trading Tool... I was not able to download the Options chain data before. But the NSEIndia Options Chain data seems to be available for Excel download. So the question to the Option Trading Experts on the Rules to be followed...

Please confirm my understanding so that I can develop the tool in line with the following rules....

We will use the following Data
1. Strike Price - SP
2. Call Open Interest Change - CEOI
3. Call LTP - CELTP
4. Put Open Interest Change - PEOI
5. Put LTP - PELTP

Rules.
For CALL Options
1. For Each Strike Price, if CEOI > 0 and CELTP > 0 then "LONG BUILD"
2. For Each Strike Price, if CEOI < 0 and CELTP < 0 then "LONG UNWIND"
3. Else Flag the Strike as "FLAT"
For PUT Options
4. For Each Strike Price, if PEOI > 0 and PELTP > 0 then "SHORT BUILD"
5. For Each Strike Price, if PEOI < 0 and PELTP < 0 then "SHORT UNWIND"
6. Else Flag the Strike as "FLAT"

After the abiove rules, We will have one of the Following for CALL Options
LONG BUILD, LONG UNWIND or FLAT

After the above rules, We will have one of the Following for PUT Options
SHORT BUILD, SHORT UNWIND or FLAT

Then for each Strike Price a Combination of CALL and PUT should give the effective direction of the strike

CALL Result & PUT RESULT = Effective Result
FLAT + FLAT = FLAT
FLAT + SHORT BUILD = BEAR
FLAT + SHORT UNWIND = BULL
LONG BUILD + FLAT = BULL
LONG BUILD + SHORT BUILD = FLAT
LONG BUILD + SHORT UNWIND = STRONG BULL
LONG UNWIND + FLAT = BEAR
LONG UNWIND + SHORT BUILD = STRONG BEAR
LONG UNWIND + SHORT UNWIND = FLAT

After the above for each strike price we will have either FLAT or BULL or BEAR or STRONG BULL or STRONG BEAR

At 2:05 PM, If I apply the above logic I am getting net result as FLAT with a slightly BEARISH.

The maximum Open Interest for CALL is at 6000 and for PUT it is at 5800... In the last 2 -3 days Heavy Open interest is seen from 5500, 5600, 5700 and 5800 Puts

Please put your thoughts so that I can include this in the next version of the MTP tool. I will want to do this first for NIFTY and we can extend this for any Stock.
On top of this we can use other stuff like
1. Theoretical Price Vs Market Price - If market price is cheaper than the Theoretical price then it would be good to buy. Vice versa for selling.

2. We can also use Implied Volatily (IV) to choose our strategies. For Retail traders who usually Buy Options... The General rule on IV is to buy Options only when IV is low. Once again what is low is questionable. So we can calculate the Average IV for the day and choose the strike if the IV is less than Average IV. (IV is in fact derived from Theoretical and Market price). The market price would be normally higher than the Theorectical price. But if it goes below the Theorectical price then it might be a Opportunity to Buy.

Some of the Options Recommendations that could be automated based on IV are

IV Low and Market Bearish - Buy Naked PUTs
IV Low and Market FLAT - Buy Straddles and Strangles
IV Low and Market Bullish - Buy Naked CALLs

When the IV is Neutral - Do nothing - Do not Trade

When the IV is High - Good for selling - So it would be the reverse of the IV Low

IV High and Market Bearish - Sell Naked CALLs
IV High and Market FLAT - SELL Straddles and Strangles
IV High and Market Bullish - SELL Naked PUTs

There are more complex strategies like Spreads, Butterflies which would be difficult to Automate.

anup

@Raj: right on the money bro!!. IV is very important, My suggestion would be change the UI of Excel, make it different... And also consider "Change OI" while you develop excel

healthraj

@Raj: right on the money bro!!. IV is very important, My suggestion would be change the UI of Excel, make it different... And also consider "Change OI" while you develop excel
In my Rules I have actually considered only "Change in OI" and not OI because OI by itself does not convey much.