60 min Flow in International Commodities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

beethoven

Yes Prabh

I got it long time back when you discussed it first in this thread. Very few things escape me on flow threads:D -- other threads are too deep for me:D.

It is a good indicator.

But my point is did you reverse as per your indicator? at the low of the 10 bar congestion?

If yes then you are trading your plan - good - but, if not, then why?

Bee

beethoven

Prabh

In my Tiger trade software your RSI is showing a dip well below 50% line for yesterday's 10 bar congestion. Hope you are using exponential averaging in your RSI setting - exp - is very fast for short period scrutiny like here where we are just using 3 periods to see what is happening.

Bee

Prabhjeet

To tell you the Truth, I did reverse yesterday itself but now a days I dont post any trades which are opposite to the current method being followed, dont want anybody to be confused by my modified Techniques

Prabhjeet

Prabh

In my Tiger trade software your RSI is showing a dip well below 50% line for yesterday's 10 bar congestion. Hope you are using exponential averaging in your RSI setting - exp - is very fast for short period scrutiny like here where we are just using 3 periods to see what is happening.

Bee
My indicator shows a difference because I use Rsi (low) when long and Rsi (high) when short, this feature is available in Metastock but not your Trade tiger

To tell you the Truth, I did reverse yesterday itself but now a days I dont post any trades which are opposite to the current method being followed, dont want anybody to be confused by my modified Techniques
Not correct......we are still in the process of formulating a strategy to tame this beast.

All ideas are welcome.

The Pure Strategy works,but if there is something out there that gives us an added edge,why not?

Please do share.........this thread is like the 60min Flow Basic Thread in its initial phases.

Taming this beast is in the realms of possibility,...........and tame the beast we shall!!

Saint

Prabhjeet

Look out for Copper guys, ready to break the range on Daily charts, we can catch a good trend on Dailies if it breaks 180 today

As we try to tame this beast on the 60min.......the intraday presents a lot of opportunities.

Will be posting in this thread in coming days....

Saint
Saint, during the day time we have to trade stock and index futures alonw with commodities so we are unable to give that much attention to trading commodities intraday.

I was thinking that as our derivative mkts close at 3:30and US markets open in our evening time,may be we can treat a synthetic day as starting from 7:00 pm to 12 :00 pm and we trade commodities as a day trade in this synthetic day time frame. This will allow us to concentrate better on commodities,as our other markets will be shut that time.

I have been observing that strong moves come in the evening when London Metal Exchange and US commodities markets open. We should cash in on that.

Regards,

Smart_trade

Status
Not open for further replies.