• Family Articles

Votes: 15 8.4%
  • Relationship Articles

Votes: 20 11.2%
  • Behavoiral articles

Votes: 47 26.4%

• Total voters

Jai Mata Di

" The biggest risk is not taking any risk... In a world that is changing really quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks. "

- Mark Zuckerberg (one of five co-founders of Facebook)

-------------
:thumb:

He is Talking Like A TRADER. :p

Snake.Head

“Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don’t.”

""We were designed to learn from one another."

"Those who accomplish the most have done so with humility in their heart. Attempting to navigate this life without mentors speaking into our lives is a dangerous path."

"The blame rests squarely on our shoulders. Pride comes before a fall. And it will always prevent us from reaching our full potential in work and life."

by - unknown author

toocool

" The biggest risk is not taking any risk... In a world that is changing really quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks. "

- Mark Zuckerberg (one of five co-founders of Facebook)

-------------
:thumb:

He is Talking Like A TRADER. :p
No he is talking about life, trading in included in life, just like other walks /businesses in life /world.

Nothing is too different, everything is alike

amitrandive

Find the confidence to trade

http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-i...b&utm_medium=timeline&utm_campaign=fbtimeline

Question
I'm new and I've been digesting information, data, techniques, strategies, all that jazz in video, book, and blog post format for about two months now. This is how I learn... I open the flood gates and allow everything I can get my eyes on to flow through me. Meanwhile I've been demo trading here and there.

When I started I traded whenever I could get some free time. But now, as I learn more, I'm finding it harder and harder to pick a trade and execute it. I'm paralysed. I see a setup, I see the patterns on the chart, but I just can't get in. I can't do it.

It gets worse when I see conflicting setups, when I'm in conflict with myself. That just blows my mind.

What doesn't help is the fact that the last three trades I took where trades I was sure of, trades that I saw the setup for, trades I waited for to reach my targets before getting into, and they all failed. I got stopped out and felt miserable. How could they fail so badly now that I know so much more than I knew a month ago?

But last month I was up on my demo account. Now I'm down and it's hurting me.

Those three trades were two weeks ago. I haven't taken a single trade since then. My problem is: how do I know whether I was just unlucky or if I'm doing it wrong? How do I know anything? Without the confidence of knowing what I'm doing is fine, I can't proceed. And if I don't proceed, how can I gain the confidence I need?

I'm stuck and I need your help.

Best Answer

True confidence needs to come from within- not an external source.
Plain and simple.

Do you have any hobbies or anything in particular that you're REALLY good at?
...so, let's say you're really good @ fishing. Think about the very first time you ever went fishing...You weren't going to become a master angler overnight, in a few weeks, or even in a few months. There was always something new to learn.

Trading is know different. Internal confidence will come from experience. Experience comes from screen-time.

Jake

Catch22

"The so-called “free-trade agreements” such as NAFTA and CAFTA were forced on the countries of Central America by the US government and the corporatocracy... They were supposedly done to spur economic growth in Canada, the US, and Central America. But the architects of these agreements knew that the rich would get richer, and that the poor would get poorer. These kinds of agreements between often-corrupt governments (including the US’s) and corporations do not allow for tariffs and other barriers for imports that protect local farmers and businessmen. Instead they allow the US to subsidize US interests. These interests include huge subsidies to corn and cotton growers who then sell their products in Central America for less than the farmers there can sell to their own neighbors. This kind of imbalance has devastated lives and destroyed Central American economies. These agreements exist to expand corporate rights, at the expense of human rights. -John Perkins"