Algorithmic Trading/ Program Trading/ HFTs, The Cloud A New Dawn

hmmm ??? I posted two posts yesterday with some more info....as far as i know I didn't break the rules and have any links? I can't post links here correct???

The text info anyway i posted about program trading said it had to be moderated before being posted .... well it seems it hasn't.

If their is any moderator can you tell me what I have done wrong with the information I posted yesterday?

Thanks hopefully I'll get a reply

also noticed cant get private messages so is it ok to post an email address then ? Please tell me guys thanks and I'll get info to you all later. I am working on GMT time so won't be around again for a few hours.

SavantGarde

Hi Alex,

Moderators can only moderate the posts that appear in the forum....Posts being held for moderation before it appears for all of us to view....is perhaps under Admin...!!!

SavantGarde

hmmm ??? I posted two posts yesterday with some more info....as far as i know I didn't break the rules and have any links? I can't post links here correct???

The text info anyway i posted about program trading said it had to be moderated before being posted .... well it seems it hasn't.

If their is any moderator can you tell me what I have done wrong with the information I posted yesterday?

Thanks hopefully I'll get a reply

also noticed cant get private messages so is it ok to post an email address then ? Please tell me guys thanks and I'll get info to you all later. I am working on GMT time so won't be around again for a few hours.

Hey thank you for replying...hopefully it will turn up then once the admin see's it??? probably twice as I posted it twice....if not hopefully it can be sorted out later as I'd like to share all the stuff I've researched and learned about program trading...it's pretty much the only way I trade now and I'm glad anyway got to go for a few hours and will check back later my time.
thanks

the info I posted on Market Times For Program Trading Has Shown up thanks

:clap::clapping::thumb:Hi everyone and thanks to all moderators and to Admin I thought the post was gone for good due to a mistake I made etc.

The market timings are really important as well guys as keeping an overall eye out for program trading in general.

One important fact is they do tend to vary the particular days that they use a particular time but the times remain somewhat constant overall.

As I said in the piece the lack of a quick reversal before the market continues in a direction or indeed a complete reversal around these times can help you.

The reason being as sometimes when their is no reversal at a key time it'sa good indicator that the market will continue it's trend at least until the next turn point....can help you not lose as many trades but as always use caution as it is the stock market at the end of the day and sometimes anything can happen.

All info is to help you win more times than lose.

How many people can get the prem on their charts ? otherwise known as fair value or premium value ?

Let me know and I'll let you know about how to get some good indications of short term direction from that as well..........I know dtn iq feed has it...... ensign software has it and a few more but let me know.

Anyway please read the market timings a few times and start watching the times on the charts you will be shocked at just how accurate the times are on some days !!!
thanks everyone talk soon .:clapping:

Dear Alex,

If your post has shown up please ignore my request to send the same info by email. However a short while back I noticed your other thread at the link below:

http://www.traderji.com/introductions/68821-hi-every-one-algorithmic-trading-computer-trading.html

:thumb:In response to your post there I have sent you another email requesting info on relevant software that you would like to share with fellow traders.

Thanks,

hrsnagpal
hi thank you it has actually shown up now twice ? But thats good....i would suppose it's best to have everyone ask questions about different things they would like to know about program trading etc, prems , software, tips etc so i can focus on what people need to know.
I will be posting in this thread from now on on an ongoing basis.

hrsnagpal am I allowed post charts as well of daily results i am getting from software or links to free info on the web about program trading i'e helpful you tube vids etc ?

Please advise as I don't want the posts to disapear.

Thanks

hi thank you it has actually shown up now twice ? But thats good....i would suppose it's best to have everyone ask questions about different things they would like to know about program trading etc, prems , software, tips etc so i can focus on what people need to know.
I will be posting in this thread from now on on an ongoing basis.

hrsnagpal am I allowed post charts as well of daily results i am getting from software or links to free info on the web about program trading i'e helpful you tube vids etc ?

Please advise as I don't want the posts to disapear.

Thanks
Hi Alex,

Yes, you are allowed to post charts. But there is some limit to your storage space so firstly use gif images instead of jpg. Secondly, if you open an account with ImageShack, your link to those images that you wish to share can be mentioned with your post. Also, the image can appear in your Traderji's post by uploading it from the ImageShack url itself. After you write your post press Manage Attachments option to post/link images. Please see my post at link below to see how I did it :

http://www.traderji.com/day-trading/68791-trading-tips-39.html

Maybe when your capacity reaches a limit you may have to delete some images, but your ImageShack link will remain. For files other than images like excel sheets, etc. you can provide a link through 4shared dot com (which requires registeration) or the likes of megaupload, etc.

Video links should be ok so long as they are educational and not promotional. I am not sure about links to paid or free software - it would be better to provide the links indirectly through 4shared, etc. Please refrain from any references to cracks as it carries the risk of being debarred from this site. Actually, I too have doubts at times and I don't know how to contact Admin or Moderators of this website. Some senior like SavantGarde is a better person to clarify further. I am sending him a pms to further help on this thread.

Hope this helps.

Could you please email me the urls of relevant software that will soon come up for discussions. This will enable me to follow your posts more keenly. I hope that they are universal and can be used for Indian stock markets too.

Regards,

hrsnagpal

Last edited: