Algorithmic Trading/ Program Trading/ HFTs, The Cloud A New Dawn

Hi everyone,
Apoligies for the delay and lack of posts....I ended up having to do a lot of travelling this week so will be posting on the forum on and off.

The company that has the most advanced stock market monitoring software I believe as well is probably going to be offereing a signals servicew based on the signals the software provides for a lot less within a month or two. They have also just launched a version for Crude oil which is working well and I believe Euro/USD this week....in time I guess they will have a version for most markets....I also believe that they will be offering a cheaper signals only service which will alert people when their is a signal. I think thats a month or two away though. If I hear about it sooner I'll post a message about it.

Anyway a lot of it is written for the UK and US zones but you can still do well on the Asian sessions with it in fact you have even less competition. The big banks use the Indian/Asian sessions to move the eminis quietly during the night as regards the Americans as well as other markets including currencies.

One thing is you got to learn to trade when they trade and in the same direction...thats the point thats why so many people are losing money....trade with the bots not against them !

A guy called Carl Weiss writes a lot of algos for monitoring program trading you can follow him at http://stocktwits.com/tapereader ........... he is well worth a read.....and has a lot of insights into the bots or program trading .

Another piece of HFT monitoring software is alerts you to the presence of HFt programs although this only works on the US session only and only really for the S&p 500 and the Dow but they also have a free trial it's an eye opener for sure... they were the first company to really be able to track when HFT buy and Sell programs are active....it's good software but it does not give you the direction just alerts you to how fast it's happening how many times and the strenght of the buys and sells but you can also follow a guy called Steve Hammers commentary for free on it at http://stocktwits.com/HFTAlert

One easy way to monitor hfts if budget is limited etc is to have the Prem or premium value levels set up on your charts...thats totally free but you would have to find out from your data feed provider do they have it......that way at least you can see when the levels for the prem are breached and it's a buy or sell all in real time before the move happens usually aprox 5 to 15 seconds at least which is a lifetime in trading terms for hfts.

If you can get the prems on your charts etc get back to me and I will answer any questions you have about trying to set up the proper numbers daily for them. A lot of sites quote numbers but they are always wrong...i researched this over many years and played with numbers until I got the right balance and would be happy to tell you. If you google daily prem levels you'll probably find them otherwise email me.

A guy who has written extensivly about the prem levels is a guy called Hank L Camp. ..his courses are expensive ...really expensive but he has written some good info that you can get for free on the Internet . he gives daily levels of the numbers for the s&p 500 prems on his site so does another one index arb but again the numbers are slightly off I would use Hanks numbers and add or minus aprox 40...it seems to work better.

One downside of the prems is it will give you a sense of direction sometimes only short time...good for scalping but it will take time to figure out overall directions combining market timings, how many times the prem levels either up or down have been breached etc to master it........again software is better and there is a few out there.

It's a pity I can't post info on the site as it would be good to get a proper discussion going and explain to people just how important knowing about the program trading please don't forget to read the attachment story about market Timings its possibly one of the most important reads you will ever have and have at some The software I have started to use is state of the art up to date real time signals....the likes I have not seen before.

I actually had a conversation with them recently about dropping their price or the signals service so more traders will use it as it's great and i believe they will be doing both which is good.

I'd say try a free trial if you run tradestation or ninjatrader and just cancel after the two weeks if its still too expensive.......i used their signals for trading binaries and still do. I am doing pretty ok with it.

Anyway get bgack to me anytime you want with questions theres a lot more i could say but it's limited in the post
Regards