Amibroker Database for NSE stocks

Hi today i downloaded and installed amibroker. I want to know how to add nse in amibroker. Pl. help me how to do. thank u. U type amibroker in google search and download it.

Hi
I want technical analysis including but and sell signals for INTRADAY for use in MCX,NCDEX and NSE.
1.Is AM supports for intraday,if so which version (i means standerd or proffesional ), i have to download from website ?
2.which one i have to use to data tranfer from odin diet karvy and sharekhan trade tiger
kindly help me please
Bhulokeshwar

Hi
I want technical analysis including buy and sell signals for INTRADAY for use in MCX,NCDEX and NSE.
1.Is AM supports for intraday,if so which version (i means standerd or proffesional ), i have to download from website ?
2.which one i have to use to data tranfer from odin diet karvy and sharekhan trade tiger
kindly help me please
Bhulokeshwar

karthikmarar

Finally I managed to update the sector and Industry categories for the NSE stock.

I am enclosing the stockindustry.txt file. Follow the same procedure explained before.

When I did the update I felt the need to refine the sector and industries categories. We need to add few more industrys in ao that we get proper sectoral charts. I plan to do it soon and will post the details.

For the time being the current will suffice.

Please do report errors if any

regards

Last edited:

koolfriend4u

Dear Mr Karthikmarar,

Only recently I had an opportunity to look into your thread of Clean data base and organising them into various sectors . Simply a superb job and selfless service to trading community . Hats off to you and Mr Murthy.

Sir, One problem I faced in sectoral classification.
I could not understand the following lines .

` Modify LoadData.afl file to point to where the StockIndustry.txt file is located. The Default location is the root directory of D:\. If you are apprehensive in changing the Loaddata.afl , just save the txt file in the root directory in partition D.`

My doubt is how can we modify the afl. Please explain in layman`s language ,if you can.

Still this is what I did.
I deleted the old files as advised by you.
I copied the files ` new broker.sectors and broker.industries ` given by you , to Amibroker directory. ( ie., c:\program files\Amibroker.).
Then I copied ` LoadData.afl ` into c:\programfiles\Amibroker\formulas\custom.
I copied ` StockIndustry.txt` file into c:\programfiles\Amibroker.

I tried to move the symbols to Industry 255 using menu item Symbol -> Organize assignments. It appeared a little complicated and I am not sure whether I succeeded or not . Is there any method to verify whether the symbols have moved to Industry 255. Could you elaborate this. Perhaps it may be a simple thing , but I could not understand , I am sorry for that.

When I tried to use the LoadData.afl and scanned, nothing happened. I am stuck here. I would be thankful, if you could tell me where I would have gone wrong.

Thanking you , in advance and sorry for bothering you with such silly doubts.

Regards.

Grorich
Dear karthik

as grorich told nothing is happening

pls hav a look at this

i tried for new industry list

thanks for ur excellent support in ami

-koolfriend4u

rmike

Finally I managed to update the sector and Industry categories for the NSE stock.

I am enclosing the stockindustry.txt file. Follow the same procedure explained before.

When I did the update I felt the need to refine the sector and industries categories. We need to add few more industrys in ao that we get proper sectoral charts. I plan to do it soon and will post the details.

For the time being the current will suffice.

Please do report errors if any

regards
Dear Karthik,

Thanks for your selfless effort, your updates will be eagerly awaited.

And guys though I am not a moderator, I would still request you not to clutter up this gem of a thread by posting queries which are neither relevant nor pertinent to the premise of the thread. There are separate sub forums to address the issues of your queries regarding data and learning technical analysis or ami usage.

Regards,

Dear karthik

as grorich told nothing is happening

pls hav a look at this

i tried for new industry list

thanks for ur excellent support in ami

-koolfriend4u
Hi kcoolfriend and gronich,

I guess nothing happens because what Karthik uploaded is named sectorindustry whereas in the loaddata.afl what is pointed out is the stockindustry.txt file.

So all you need to do is to rename the file that Karthik loaded to stockindustry.txt and copy it to the directory - in Karthiks afl it is on d drive - or wherever the loaddata.afl file points to.

So if you have not edited karthiks original afl file, then just paste it to root directory d:/stockindustr.txt.

This will work.

My question to Karthik of course is that once we have used the old Stock/sector file and the stocks are in their respective industries or un-assigned, will scanning the new txt file, re-arrange the industries as they are no more in Industry255.

Thanks to all.

Jay

karthikmarar

Jay

Thanks a lot for pointing out this mistake. I had manulaay adjusted the allocation and the file is a afl output. Hence I did not realize the wrong name for the file.

Regarding your question to me, i am not reallu sure as I am not in a position to try it out. In my amibroker group 255 contains al the stocks
Please do try it if you can let me know. Otherwise the unasigned stocks have to be moved to the group 255 manually.

thanks a lot.

regret the inconvenience caused to many of the members due to this oversight.

regards