Amibroker Database for NSE stocks

Marcus

Unfortunately we have to run the afls UpdateIndusrtcharts and UpdateSectorcharts on a daily basis. There maybe some way to run them automatically whenever we update the data. Right now, I am not qualified enough to code for the same. :eek:

Murthy had uploaded one afl called updateCompositecharts. If you have that you have to run only one afl.

regards

Karthik
hiiii karthikmarar
i m tushar from maharashtra
amibriker is a very good software for free analysis
i am new to this field
pls tell me how we can see nifty chart in amibroker & how we can add other symbols in amibroker
pls quick reply now
i m waiting for your reply!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank You !!

Hi All

6. Modify LoadData.afl file to point to where the StockIndustry.txt file. Is located. The Default location is the root directory of D:\. If you are apprehensive in changing the Loaddata.afl , just save the txt file in the root directory in partition D.

10. Once the Scan is complete, check it your sector and Industry allocation.

karthik
Dear Mr Karthikmarar,

Only recently I had an opportunity to look into your thread of Clean data base and organising them into various sectors . Simply a superb job and selfless service to trading community . Hats off to you and Mr Murthy.

Sir, One problem I faced in sectoral classification.
I could not understand the following lines .

` Modify LoadData.afl file to point to where the StockIndustry.txt file is located. The Default location is the root directory of D:\. If you are apprehensive in changing the Loaddata.afl , just save the txt file in the root directory in partition D.`

My doubt is how can we modify the afl. Please explain in layman`s language ,if you can.

Still this is what I did.
I deleted the old files as advised by you.
I copied the files ` new broker.sectors and broker.industries ` given by you , to Amibroker directory. ( ie., c:\program files\Amibroker.).
Then I copied ` LoadData.afl ` into c:\programfiles\Amibroker\formulas\custom.
I copied ` StockIndustry.txt` file into c:\programfiles\Amibroker.

I tried to move the symbols to Industry 255 using menu item Symbol -> Organize assignments. It appeared a little complicated and I am not sure whether I succeeded or not . Is there any method to verify whether the symbols have moved to Industry 255. Could you elaborate this. Perhaps it may be a simple thing , but I could not understand , I am sorry for that.

When I tried to use the LoadData.afl and scanned, nothing happened. I am stuck here. I would be thankful, if you could tell me where I would have gone wrong.

Thanking you , in advance and sorry for bothering you with such silly doubts.

Regards.

Grorich

I am new to amibroker. Can anybody tell me how to import EOD data available at NSE in .csv format for Amibroker. Also how to get intraday buy sell signals through this software .please reply.

I am new to amibroker and to this group. Can anybody please tell me how to import eod data from nse in .csv format for amibroker. And how to get Buy/Sell Signals for intraday. Please help

lvgandhi

In my Amibroker database, while doing cleanup database I got the following symbols. Regarding these symbols, I couldn't find any info in symbolchange.csv, suspension.csv and delisted.csv. I feel most probably they may be merger ie merge of one company with other leading to deletion of that company and symbol or due to scheme of amalgamation, by which company and symbol is deleted. How to know what happened and why this symbols are not traded. I tried NSE site. But I am not any more wiser for these symbols. Anyone can throw some light on these symbols?
ALCHEMIST, BALASTEELS, BILT, CEAT, COLGATE, EICHER, ESTL, ETCNET, GMRINDSTRS, GODAVRFERT, HTMT, IBP, IGS, IPCL, JCTELEC, KOJAMFIN, MAWANA, MEDIAVIDEO,
NAGREEKA, NARMDCHEMA, OENCONNECT, PAVCI, RAINCALCIN, RANEBRAKE, REVL,
RPGTLTD, SOLECTCENT, SRIADIKARI, SUNDRMCLAY, TELEDATAIN, VINTAGE,
VINYLCHEM, VISUALSOFT, WARTSILA, YOKOGAWA

Hi All

Finally we come to the actual procedure to setup the sectors and Industries for Amibroker.

We require 2 Amibroker files, One text file containing the industry details for the stocks and finally one afl to load the data into Amibroker. Following are the files

1. Broker.sectors - Ami file
2. Broker.Industries - Ami File
3. Stockindustry.txt - text file containg the industry details for the stocks
4. loaddata.afl - Afl for lading the sector and Industry data.

Following is the procedure
6. Modify LoadData.afl file to point to where the StockIndustry.txt file. Is located. The Default location is the root directory of D:\. If you are apprehensive in changing the Loaddata.afl , just save the txt file in the root directory in partition D.
8. By default, all the stocks will be in the 1st industry, Agro - Others. Move them to Industry 255 using menu item Symbol -> Organize assignments..

warm regards

karthik
Regarding Point 6 -> When i opened LoadData.afl using Notepad to point where the StockIndustry.txt is I See this line "var filename = "d://stockindustry.txt";" My Amibroker path is = E:\Shareware\Office\Investment\AmiBroker\Formulas\Custom. How to insert in var filename i mean is it "E:\Shareware\Office\....stockindustry.txt OR "E://Shareware/Office/....stockindustry.txt

Regarding Point 8 -> I am not able to perform this action :confused:

I am using Shareware version of AmiBroker 5.0 AND totally NEW to it. In a way i am stuck at Initial Stage of AmiBroker database for NSE Stocks.

Also getting this Message when i click on Stock for eg. "BHEL" in Symbols->ALL (on left hand side) --> Not Enough Data Available. To Plot any chart at least 3 data bars are needed but there are only o bars in "BHEL"
Kindly help to proceed further. Thanks & Warm REGARDS.

karthikmarar

Hi

The steps discussed in this thread iare to organize the database into sectors and Industries.

It does look like that you have not set up the basic database itself properly.
That is why you are getting the message "Not enough data available......".
In the preference window, under "DATA" specify the default location where you are storing the data. If you have not yet created a database create one FILE>NEW DATABASE>DATABASE SETTINGS

regards

Karthik