An Idiot's Option Trading strategy : Please bear with me

jyotixxx

jyoti

If possible please explain the criteria of selection of stocks.
First of all please do not follow me as per my tradings :). I am still confused if
it will be a successful idea. But before quitting I will try for a few months and genuinly post my profits and losses.

Secondly I do not follow any specific formula to calculate potential stocks.

Here is a excellent summary borrowed from another forum:http://www.traderji.com/technical-analysis/93165-learning-catch-high-probability-breakouts-3.html

Cheers

amitrandive

First of all please do not follow me as per my tradings :). I am still confused if
it will be a successful idea. But before quitting I will try for a few months and genuinly post my profits and losses.

Secondly I do not follow any specific formula to calculate potential stocks.

Here is a excellent summary borrowed from another forum:http://www.traderji.com/technical-analysis/93165-learning-catch-high-probability-breakouts-3.html

Cheers
jyoti

Thanks for reply.I too am a learner.Incidentally I started that thread you have mentioned to learn trading breakouts.
:lol:

TCS

15-Apr-14 Entry OPT-TCS -2250-PE Buy @48.1
2250-CE-Buy @54.6
Max loss risk-12835.50
Status- Open

MCDowell-N (United Spirits)

15-Apr-14 Entry OPT-MCDOWE 2850-CE Buy @33.65
2850-PE-Buy @24.7
Max loss risk-7293.75
Status- Open
hi jyotiji mujhe option trading strategy ke bare me no knowlage pls explain how I m trade in option call and put and profit makes ??
15/04/2014 ur trade above but I m nt understand .means nt profit any scrip
today value ur call in McDowell---call value 33.45 & put 8.85=42.3 is total value ,,and 15/04/2014 total value-58.35 so loss is 16.05
and ur 2th call tcs total value 15 date-102.61 and today value-24 and put-76
so total value today-100 and loss in total 2.61
I m see other future company and compare call & put ,no any one give profit
only result show loss ..I m nt understand ur trading stragegy. :confused::confused:

jyotixxx

hi jyotiji mujhe option trading strategy ke bare me no knowlage pls explain how I m trade in option call and put and profit makes ??
15/04/2014 ur trade above but I m nt understand .means nt profit any scrip
today value ur call in McDowell---call value 33.45 & put 8.85=42.3 is total value ,,and 15/04/2014 total value-58.35 so loss is 16.05
and ur 2th call tcs total value 15 date-102.61 and today value-24 and put-76
so total value today-100 and loss in total 2.61
I m see other future company and compare call & put ,no any one give profit
only result show loss ..I m nt understand ur trading stragegy. :confused::confused:
First of all please do not follow my trades in real.

you are very right. TCS moved down 2.5%. Still no profit. Mcdowell moved near 1%. Still loss.
Now if TCS moves up tomorrow 3% , may be again I won't gain anything.

But see my view is a litttle differently. I was thinking TCS would move up today and I was totally wrong. I am not a day trader and cannot follow my trades always. So I cannot exit and take a reverse position at right moment. But this strategy saves my 3k though movement was not in favour. And if tomorrow TCS goes 1% or so down I will make a profit. That is what this strategy is for.

The biggest disadvantage is 2-3% move does not make any profit.

One more thing. At one point of time during early trades today the put price was at around 24 up and put was 16 down (When TCS touched 2199 for the first moment) . At that moment one can book some profit also.

But I want to wait and see

one more thing. I dont want to mislead anybody with false data. If I succeed (cumulative profits>loss) I will continue this thread.

Regards

First of all please do not follow my trades in real.

you are very right. TCS moved down 2.5%. Still no profit. Mcdowell moved near 1%. Still loss.
Now if TCS moves up tomorrow 3% , may be again I won't gain anything.

But see my view is a litttle differently. I was thinking TCS would move up today and I was totally wrong. I am not a day trader and cannot follow my trades always. So I cannot exit and take a reverse position at right moment. But this strategy saves my 3k though movement was not in favour. And if tomorrow TCS goes 1% or so down I will make a profit. That is what this strategy is for.

The biggest disadvantage is 2-3% move does not make any profit.

One more thing. At one point of time during early trades today the put price was at around 24 up and put was 16 down (When TCS touched 2199 for the first moment) . At that moment one can book some profit also.

But I want to wait and see

one more thing. I dont want to mislead anybody with false data. If I succeed (cumulative profits>loss) I will continue this thread.

Regards
jyoti ji I m nt follow ur call for real trade purpose. and exit call and put in same time ,same date or difference time or date ,,malum he aap acchi option trader he .but I m new in option trading.and I tought in future I also trade in option
but safe mode .so I m intrested ur view ,posting and trade technic,,and ur average profit made in option .but I don't know idea ur stock option selection critiriya. but allwayes follow ur thread and learning..thanks :cool: