Augubhai's diary and notes

How many day trading levels will I complete in 2012? A level is about 100 NF points.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

Holding on to a winning position and waiting for the stop to hit, and again taking an re-entry after the stop hit may work out well for a system that is positional/swing trading or using higher time frames

On intraday trading with smaller TFs seems to me that we are giving back all we make from good trades, with these kind of trades that should be avoided. One way to do that can be not to trade once a daily target is complete. With BNF if we are up on any day by 80/60 points taking out the profits and calling it a day looks like a good alternative to me,

Today i booked above 10600, then re-entered and holding with a stop of 10555, not convinced it is a wise thing to do, although the system says long, we need not compulsorily be in the trade. How would it work if we just book the profit and stop the intraday trading for the day ?

augubhai

Hello

Holding on to a winning position and waiting for the stop to hit, and again taking an re-entry after the stop hit may work out well for a system that is positional/swing trading or using higher time frames

On intraday trading with smaller TFs seems to me that we are giving back all we make from good trades, with these kind of trades that should be avoided. One way to do that can be not to trade once a daily target is complete. With BNF if we are up on any day by 80/60 points taking out the profits and calling it a day looks like a good alternative to me,

Today i booked above 10600, then re-entered and holding with a stop of 10555, not convinced it is a wise thing to do, although the system says long, we need not compulsorily be in the trade. How would it work if we just book the profit and stop the intraday trading for the day ?
Thanks PartTimeTrader,

I am in these BNF trades just for learning. So i take all trades, whether I make money or not. Plan today was to tighten SL after a gain of 80 points, but the price only went up 70+ points :(

augubhai

BNF intraday trades:

1. short at 10505, exit at 10523 = -18
2. long at 10540, exit at 10575 = +35
3. long at 10590, exit at 10571 = -19
4. short at 10571, exit at 10589 = -18

Brokerage of 5 points per trade not deducted.

Thanks PartTimeTrader,

I am in these BNF trades just for learning. So i take all trades, whether I make money or not. Plan today was to tighten SL after a gain of 80 points, but the price only went up 70+ points :(
i know when we book on 60, market then keeps running on for 200 points :)

instead of having fixed 40/60/80 points in mind maybe we can use obvious points like S/R values or next round number (today's case it was xx600).

I think, over-all it will be better to book some profits when trading intraday but with higher time frame systems that use SAR etc it is better to hold till reversal.

Also it is necessary for peace of mind to trade both swing and intra-day in combination :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.