BollingerBands

Did Bollinger Bands help you?

• Yes

Votes: 239 77.9%
  • No

Votes: 68 22.1%

• Total voters
Bollingerbands for Wednesday, 9th May. The candle is completely below the lower BB (the HOD missed the BB by 1 point). Also, it is the 5th candle below 7 EMA, which is red; just as is 20SMA. The bands are widening (Range : 5381-5017, Width : 364).

India vix = 23.04

The last time a whole candle was below the lower BB was on 5th and 8th Aug, 2011. Then the index went sideways for 3-4 days before resuming the downslide.

Does anyone have the historical data of India Vix ?? Or can someone guide me to where I can get this data ??

PS : Today I am using slightly different format of the graph : 1) The image is wider for better display, 2) for the same reason, I have done away with the data window, 3) the lower BB is in slightly lighter shade as compared to the pinbar - to enhance the display.

Last edited:

columbus

Hi timepass,

Good.As far as possible ,better stick to Rectangular Frame.If you use this frame
it appeared as if the graph is stretched in "X" direction.

columbus

The bands are widening (Range : 5381-5017, Width : 364).
Hi Timepass,

Width is increasing ....Indicates sliding is on Cards.(More downward movement)

Last edited:
Hi Timepass,

Width is increasing ....Indicates sliding is on Cards.(More downward movement)
Yes, more sliding, but will rise up in this series. I guess it will expire above 4900.

Last edited:
Bollingerbands for Thursday, 10th May. The candle is cutting the lower BB today. Also, it is the sixth candle below 7 EMA, which is red; just as is 20SMA. The bands are widening (Range : 5388-4978, Width : 410).

India vix = 22.72

Bollingerbands for Friday, 11th May.

Unrelenting downside continues, with the candle still hugging the lower BB, and still below 7EMA, which is below 20SMA and both are red. Also, it is the sixth candle below 7 EMA, The bands are widening (Range : 5402-4937, Width : 465). 20SMA is aligned with the lower BB.

Also, it is the sixth candle below 7 EMA, which is red; just as is 20SMA. The bands are widening (Range : 5388-4978, Width : 410).

India vix = 22.48

Vix has been declining for last 2 sessions, indicating that the bears may be sluggish, so the bulls better be ready to bailout in case of an upmove.

Bollingerbands for Monday, 14th May, 2012.

Again, downside continues, with the candle still hugging the lower BB, and still below 7EMA, which is below 20SMA and both are red. Also, it is the eighth candle below 7 EMA, The bands are widening (Range : 5402-4937, Width : 465). 20SMA is aligned with the lower BB.

Also, it is the eighth candle below 7 EMA, which is red; just as is 20SMA. The bands are widening (Range : 5411-4896, Width : 515).

India vix = 23.26

Last edited:
Bollingerbands for Tuesday, 15th May, 2012.

A little bit of green today. But the candle is still hugging the lower BB, and still below 7EMA, which is below 20SMA and both are red. Also, it is the Ninth candle below 7 EMA, The bands are widening (Range : 5402-4937, Width : 465). 20SMA is aligned with the lower BB.

Also, it is the eighth candle below 7 EMA, which is red; just as is 20SMA. The bands are widening (Range : 5401-4871, Width : 530).

India vix = 22.28, NF ATP = 4925.88, LTP = 4939

columbus

EOD=16.5.12 ................7-month NIFTY-SPOT chart

Basically there are 2 lines in chart , 20-SMA in (WHITE+MAROON) colours
and 7-ema in VIOLET colour.In bullish conditions 20SMA will in White
colour and bearish condition it will be in Maroon colour.Violet colour line
decides the momentum of market, mostly.Another EMA (ema-8) serves the
purpose of darken EMA-7.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B AmiBroker 0