Brainstorming on trading topics

sumosanammain

To tell you the truth, sir, I never used a definite system in my one and a half year old trading journey. I used to note my rights and wrongs, how well a strategy worked and reason for it. Frankly I never even thought to back test l, like you said, 3000-5000 historical events.. only recently i started thinking about systematic trading after i blown my account, trying to do random counter trend scalping in stock futures... No position sizing, r to r, nothing. So i stopped and withdrew rest of the money. But I'm passionate about this...the feeling of being right on my analysis, that's the sugar on cake for me...

I don't want to be a shooting star, but stars like you, ST da and other successful investors..

Edit: My ledger is still dark red, so not a successful trader yet...
Stop trading immediately... Please....

To tell you the truth, sir, I never used a definite system in my one and a half year old trading journey. I used to note my rights and wrongs, how well a strategy worked and reason for it. Frankly I never even thought to back test l, like you said, 3000-5000 historical events.. only recently i started thinking about systematic trading after i blown my account, trying to do random counter trend scalping in stock futures... No position sizing, r to r, nothing. So i stopped and withdrew rest of the money. But I'm passionate about this...the feeling of being right on my analysis, that's the sugar on cake for me...

I don't want to be a shooting star, but stars like you, ST da and other successful investors..

Edit: My ledger is still dark red, so not a successful trader yet...
System alone is is not enough...you must have confidence to follow the system and discipline to take every trade on that system........strict stoplosses, sufficient funding and money management.

Smart_trade

System alone is is not enough...you must have confidence to follow the system and discipline to take every trade on that system........strict stoplosses, sufficient funding and money management.

Smart_trade
I'm an empty cup now, sir... All the above were my drawbacks.. Don't want any profits until I make and back-test a system in coming months..

Maybe I should make it clear, that I am not here to teach a system to people... I think this is being assumed, asking me to put up complete systems with rules and Money Management for it.
I am here for discussions about System Development, not for providing complete systems here. Please forgive me, if somehow I have confused people here about my intentions.
u said .. u will do real trade on mock testing day .. i guess u joking ? or i misunderstood ? pls help us to get a clarity ..

sumosanammain

For an intraday system, which trades upto 3 to 5 times a day, a minimum analysis of a minimum 3000 to 5000 trades, as it would include 4 to 5 years of data, which would have covered all types of markets, sideways, trending, very volatile, etc
An analysis of the MAE and MFE, with binning of both the MAE and MFE
A running drawdown figure
A sample of at least 100 bunch of trades, starting point picked randomly, and totalled for the next 20 and next 50 trades, and that max dd, and average dd of thes bunch of trades
Many more such things
How many traders here have 3 to 5 systems with a minimum of 3000 back tested traders here? Please do give your inputs people. Also, according to you all, what amount of data needs to be back tested? According to me, 4 to 5 years. And for you all?
Also, how many traders here have punched 20 trades absolutely according to system, one after the other, without missing a single trade because of self doubt? Here, I am talking of 20 consecutive trades that were triggered by your system, not 20 in total over a period of time, doing cherry picking of trades.

And guys and hopefully gals, please excuse any spelling or grammer mistakes, as I am just punching the keyboard from my heart, if i keep looking at the screen to correct spellings, my thought process is interrupted. Although, my english, when i need it to be, is impeccable :)

How many traders here have 3 to 5 systems with a minimum of 3000 back tested traders here? Please do give your inputs people. Also, according to you all, what amount of data needs to be back tested? According to me, 4 to 5 years. And for you all?
Also, how many traders here have punched 20 trades absolutely according to system, one after the other, without missing a single trade because of self doubt? Here, I am talking of 20 consecutive trades that were triggered by your system, not 20 in total over a period of time, doing cherry picking of trades.

And guys and hopefully gals, please excuse any spelling or grammer mistakes, as I am just punching the keyboard from my heart, if i keep looking at the screen to correct spellings, my thought process is interrupted. Although, my english, when i need it to be, is impeccable :)
why too emotional .. and dreams ? certainly affects the trade ..

iwillwin

No answers :p:p

No use, maybe if I had started a youtube channel and promised 11000 % returns per month, I would have received participation :)
That is because no one here is having such system or trades one....we know x-ray Bhai on the forum who has got mechanical trading system based on market profile demand and supply system...
ST da also must be trading on system....small query these systems are basically software or programmes based on some language/SQL/Oracle/Excel?
Does having a system means one must have an automated buy/sell signal generated with sl/targets?

sumosanammain

That is because no one here is having such system or trades one....we know x-ray Bhai on the forum who has got mechanical trading system based on market profile demand and supply system...
ST da also must be trading on system....small query these systems are basically software or programmes based on some language/SQL/Oracle/Excel?
Does having a system means one must have an automated buy/sell signal generated with sl/targets?
Everything is Manual. Manual hard labour. a few thousand hours of work, per system.
My work here is done :)