Brainstorming on trading topics

sumosanammain

do you trade in options?
Frankly, I dont understand head or tail of options, tried it a few times, and when the underlying is moving in my favour with a particular speed, and my option is not, it disturbs my trading. So, decided to stick to what I can understand, and build upon, rather than get into something that is uncharted territory for me.

SarangSood

Frankly, I dont understand head or tail of options, tried it a few times, and when the underlying is moving in my favour with a particular speed, and my option is not, it disturbs my trading. So, decided to stick to what I can understand, and build upon, rather than get into something that is uncharted territory for me.
Yes better to stick with what's working for you. I stopped trading in stocks in 2010 after facing consecutive years of relatively less yearly returns. So shifted in options as i personally felt the smart money was being shifted in it.

Though the fundamentals of trading remain the same no matter which instrument you trade in, option writing has suited me very well as I'm able to imply the basic trading principals in it. Before i shifted to options i wasn't able to ride and add on to my winners which resulted in high number stop losses and only handful of large profits.

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
How many people here are interested in sharing thoughts on actual System Development.
I am interested to share. I have created a thread only on strategies.Not the whole system. Also intraday related i keep posting charts related how I have taken. There are multiples ways I have traded and posted in the other thread. This thread I have missed on the weekend because my dektop is under repair. Will take some time to start posting

sumosanammain

I am interested to share. I have created a thread only on strategies.Not the whole system. Also intraday related i keep posting charts related how I have taken. There are multiples ways I have traded and posted in the other thread. This thread I have missed on the weekend because my dektop is under repair. Will take some time to start posting
Posting trades is not what I was looking for. Actual mechanics of the system. Pros and cons.

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
Posting trades is not what I was looking for. Actual mechanics of the system. Pros and cons.
Pray do enlighten us sir. As i have always maintained that i am a beginner. I posted my charts as per my understanding. The issue here is lots of beginners visit tj to learn. But old gyan is there but old charts are missing. Same thing happened to me. I can read saint sir and stda sirs old posts, but i cannot relate to them since the underlying charts are missing. I posted what ever i learned here to the best of my abilities. I have not met a single full time trader in my life. We lesser mortals are not that lucky. But yes we are ready to learn. If experts could fill in great. Else we have to learn from bits and pieces of what is available here. I pray and hope that you can shed some light on so that we can learn and prosper.

mohan.sic

Please initiate by posting a simple system. A basic setup with rules/pros/cons. More people will join and share.
I would have started, but am very unsystematic trader with no standard rules and I trade on random stocks.
I will slowly change my trading towards that direction. But as of now my thought process is not allowing me to accept that systematic trading will have a edge.

Last edited: