Call Writing and Put Writing

Dear Ankurpcl,

I understand it would be hard to share all the information. Just wanted to be sure that there is no sure way of finding out the long and shorts in OI as i keep hearing that on the TV.

However on one site i saw that they were giving the break up of Long and Shorts of specifically FIIs (Thus they were even able to even break down to the levels of the operators) on nifty, every day:confused: . Including the longs and shorts of Nifty options too for FIIs . Thus was wondering if this information is available officially on some data feeds that NSE gives or were they able to calculate this so precisely and how were they able to arrive at these values.

Regards

Avoid such kind of stuff, it will make new traders more confused. If you really want to be successful find any trader and ask him to show his actual contract trading notes of last 3 months minimum.

If there is net credit in his account from last 3 months, then whatever that trader will tell you learn everything by heart and start following the same.

Searching on internet for lots of material will never be helpful for anyone else everything starts earning just by trading and no one want to do 9 to 5 jobs :):):):)

DanPickUp

@Freshtrader

As the thread now starts to become more and more interesting, I would suggest you to ask the admin to remove all the post's here which do not point in the direction of your thread title. You can do that by using the red triangle on the right upper side in each post and just ask to clean up your thread now from those posts. Take care / DanPickUp :)

Last edited:
Dear AnkurPCL ,

Talking about profitability in Share market is a big and controversial subject as i understood till now (I am a starter).

My understanding is :

Share market does not generate goods or services or is a production facility where goods are produced and based on hard work or intelligence one can ensure profits.

Thus it is zero sum game Profit = Loss. The total amt of profit is exactly equal to the amount of loss people make in this area.

Big players, banks , Institutional Players , FIIs don't lose and Govt always is on profit earning tax both from losers and gainers.

Now the real question is how is that they are always on +VE side :

• Is there some information available at their hands which others and retail traders dont have access to ?

• Majority are losers and minority are the winners. How always ?

• Is there information about status of retail traders that they have and they play against the trend , no matter what analysis you do on your chart?

Please share your experience ..and if you have managed to find a way out to crack how to be in the minority region to always make profits. I guess one has to be in the minority range to be a winner ! Please feel free to contradict this.

Thanks

Your words are absolutely perfect.

Its very true success rate among retail investors is 10~15% only
and compare to bigger players like FII's success rate is somewhere around 85 to 90%.

Every small trader has dream that he gets consistent returns from the market on monthly basis same as we have salary credited by our employers every month but very few able to generate consistent returns.

In my trading carrier of nearly 10 years, i come across only 2 traders who gets consistent returns on monthly basis.

Strategy adopted by them as below:
1. Trader 1 (Was very sharp in reading technical charts and taking positions in stocks for 1~4 days horizon and catch the stock movement when the stock is trending in upward direction)
2. Trader 2 (Was very sharp in reading Open Interest generated in Nifty Options and he is making consistent profits from it)

Idea here is not to criticize someone but to understand to be winner you need to have trading style of traders who are consistently profitable.

When and how such traders comes in anyone life is more of luck. If you search internet majority of sites are fake at moment and they don't know even abc's of investing and still giving calls as if they are driving the markets and worst part is that people are using their subscription plans and adding more losses in their trading portfolios.

@Freshtrader

As the thread now starts to become more and more interesting, I would suggest you to ask the admin to remove all the post's here which do not point in the direction of your thread title. You can do that by using the red triangle on the right upper side in each post and just ask to clean up your thread now from those posts. Take care / DanPickUp :)
Dear Dan,

Its ok , emotions are a part of life and i hope it does not become abusive, it is always good to have contradictory views , it is like a challenge and gives birth to a new concept if taken positively ... :)

I would love to hear from you too and learn from your inputs.. learning and sharing will improve everyone ...even though retailers are larger in numbers against bigger players (they always win because we dont come together to ensure that we together can hold them back or slow them down in their SET traps ... )(Extremely challenging). I guess the algo trading is more about financial calculations of evening out the profits rather than speedy trend analysis. The traps are set by these algos on Financial calculations of status of majority. Sure initially they lose a bit ...just like before hooking the fish the worm (Give away) is tied on the hook ....Thus i wanted to know how people are really analyzing the options, OIs and finding the trap regions without knowing the position of majority ( in which region Short or long). They surely are working all the maths together Futures , Options and Cash segment.

Are people comparing the Cash segment (Delivery based information , (circular trading can be deceptive for analyzing the delivery positions ) and Futures together to do analysis for futures movement ?

Regards

Your words are absolutely perfect.

Its very true success rate among retail investors is 10~15% only
and compare to bigger players like FII's success rate is somewhere around 85 to 90%.

Every small trader has dream that he gets consistent returns from the market on monthly basis same as we have salary credited by our employers every month but very few able to generate consistent returns.

In my trading carrier of nearly 10 years, i come across only 2 traders who gets consistent returns on monthly basis.

Strategy adopted by them as below:
1. Trader 1 (Was very sharp in reading technical charts and taking positions in stocks for 1~4 days horizon and catch the stock movement when the stock is trending in upward direction)
2. Trader 2 (Was very sharp in reading Open Interest generated in Nifty Options and he is making consistent profits from it)

Idea here is not to criticize someone but to understand to be winner you need to have trading style of traders who are consistently profitable.

When and how such traders comes in anyone life is more of luck. If you search internet majority of sites are fake at moment and they don't know even abc's of investing and still giving calls as if they are driving the markets and worst part is that people are using their subscription plans and adding more losses in their trading portfolios.
Dear AnkurPCL .. wow ... it is great to know that you have met such people and i hope they taught you a lot too for both 1,and 2 Options. 10 years is a big time for trading ..and you are still going strong ... this is great news to know ...It would be great to learn from them .... is it a process or their 6th sense which works in predicting the trend movement ... I would love to learn this FROM YOU :hug::D

Regards