Charts for the Day

Anilji what do you think about Cipla
350-365 ke beech buying banta hai ? 6 month ke liye

Hi jain.er,

Cipla if view in monthly chart on arithmetic scale looks like pattern formation of upward sloping channel and trendline support coming at 330.
The same chart on log scale revealing more information of likely pattern breakout on downside if monthly closes below trendline support, o one needs a caution here, it may be whipsaw, but best to be alert if in a position.

The daily chart as of now giving me a selloff on volume should stop near to 360-70 zone, also The gap support is present at 345-50, so yes ideally the zone you specified is good one to look out for longs, as per daily chart.

And stoploss can be lowered till monthly trendline support of rising channel.

Remind you whenever security breaks 200 DMA, and we are initiating longs based on swing, then first test is always 200 DMA levels, and here we are playing reversion to mean strategy, so its not ideal to have a specific timeframe in mind, because retracements to 200 dma sometimes are sharp or sometimes are more time consuming. These retracements holds the clue. How..??
The faster retracement tolds buyers are in a solid plan to take scrip above 200 dma, while slower retracement tells us the struggling buyers to take price up.

niftytaurus

Respected Trivedi Ji
here I have tried to start learning..I dont know whether i have done it right or not?..please check & rectify me..

http://imgur.com/8CrtNDC

So what ABC i triedo learn .. here is my observations:
1) support & resistance line I draw from HTF weekly...& I observe the BOF & Bpb on those Htf lines...@ 6110 line..1 candle- bullish up close candle, which tried to break up..& then 2 candle Neutrral bearish close..which shows break out failure..as it closes below the line .. 3 candle -neutral weak bullish 4 candle is bullish mid close candle whch is also doji & on strong resistance ( candle description is according to lance beggs method)
2 In day charts,Its showing down trend..but at around 5970 ..it makes pivot low on same level..but candle 1 is also making a new pivot high .which is lower than previous pivot high..
3) so now can it be probabilities that nifty break down from 6110 line is confirmed as today's doji is pull back of that break down ..& could be nifty go down from this point..as now trend is also down...upper break out failure plus break down pull back also & that pull back s weak pull back so the probabilities of lower break down is higher?
4) I have tried to draw some trendlines..I dont know whether its right or wrong? its possibilty that down trendline may act as resistance..

so now what result did come out from it? can we take short trade from here ..keep a stop loss of high of 1 candle...as sl is low & probabilties are high to go down..

Trivedi ji, I dont know whther I am sounding foolish... interpreting all this..but I am just in the nursery of trading school...please guide me ...
how should I Change my way of reading it? & If some price chart, infront of me ..what should I look to take trading decisions or from where should I start to read it?
thanks

Dear NiftyTaurus,

First of all let me clear this all dont use price action alone. First see naked chart. What you will see its a rally from 5100 to 5325 odd levels. So its a clear uptrend. In that uptrend first minor reaction got corrected till 5970. Then we have 3 bar pullback to 6220 levels. Again we got a reaction low of 5970 from there in 3 bars. And from there nifty trying to hold 5970 and moving up to sideways.
So what this tell is in a uptrend, we are seeing a correction. And correction can be simple abc or complex pullback. so we are not going into this detail as of now.

Second line of analysis is good candlestick patterns. Like engulfing or stronger patterns, which gives of clues of strong force in that direction, it may be bear or bull.
These patterns alongwith inside bars, which is covered in my thread are sufficient to have clue of whats going on. Like whatever is going on in daily, but on weekly as of now we are forming a inside bar and more it closes towards this weeks high is bullish as it is already above previous week open of 6011 and prev week close was 5995.

Third i overlay my standard averages like 21 EMA , 50 DMA and 200 DMA and you will get the clue where bigger price action is moving in. You cant ignore this moving averages.
Like in your chart you posted the breakdown bar which got closed below 50 DMA on daily, and next bar was a pullback to 50 DMA and then next day with almost open=Low we cleared 50 DMa and then we are spending much time above 50 DMA with bearish bars and yesterdays doji bar. So not much happening here.
For short term direction i use 10 EMA or lower, to judge current direction and i never trade against this short term EMA for whatever reason. If at all i am trying to catch bottom and tops, then my stoploss is no more than 20 points on nifty.
In this way you will never get carried away with price action alone, but also have short term directional indicator like moving average with you. You may used 8 EMA or anything you like. Just stick to it. I mean if daily closing above 10 EMA or so dont short market. Hope i am clear as of now.

Finally, i analyse all thing in perspective of momentum indicator. This one is important, bcoz, i see this on various timeframes. Like weekly/ Daily / Hourly / 5min.
This tells me where higher timeframe momentum is shifting, and you will get this confirmation with price closing below certain key averages, which you have defined, along with some candlestick patterns as proof, and simple support- Resistance line as your arsenal.

At last define yourself where you want to trade/invest, like on daily chart or intraday charts, bcoz thats all matter. The timeframe which suits your composure is key to success.

I use these analysis and note down my levels. and Secondly, i had designed my own mechanical way of trade/invest where no interference from my side, its like a more of SAR system.

Last in trading/Investing, all that matters is your psychology and risk management, and not your holygrail ( indicators/ expert advisors etc etc....).

Many newcomers fail, because they dont have solid risk management in place and with poor psychology they not get anywhere.

There are many good thread here in traderji, with lots of strategies, but are they backtested, only owner of that strategy know. So do your own self analysis before commiting money.

And last accept mistakes, we are not here to show our knowledge or supremacy, we are here to make money, be rigid in following your discipline. Many who teach, dont trade!
This is fact, so read everything with disclosure.

niftytaurus

Dear NiftyTaurus,

First of all let me clear this all dont use price action alone. First see naked chart. What you will see its a rally from 5100 to 5325 odd levels. So its a clear uptrend. In that uptrend first minor reaction got corrected till 5970. Then we have 3 bar pullback to 6220 levels. Again we got a reaction low of 5970 from there in 3 bars. And from there nifty trying to hold 5970 and moving up to sideways.
So what this tell is in a uptrend, we are seeing a correction. And correction can be simple abc or complex pullback. so we are not going into this detail as of now.

Second line of analysis is good candlestick patterns. Like engulfing or stronger patterns, which gives of clues of strong force in that direction, it may be bear or bull.
These patterns alongwith inside bars, which is covered in my thread are sufficient to have clue of whats going on. Like whatever is going on in daily, but on weekly as of now we are forming a inside bar and more it closes towards this weeks high is bullish as it is already above previous week open of 6011 and prev week close was 5995.

Third i overlay my standard averages like 21 EMA , 50 DMA and 200 DMA and you will get the clue where bigger price action is moving in. You cant ignore this moving averages.
Like in your chart you posted the breakdown bar which got closed below 50 DMA on daily, and next bar was a pullback to 50 DMA and then next day with almost open=Low we cleared 50 DMa and then we are spending much time above 50 DMA with bearish bars and yesterdays doji bar. So not much happening here.
For short term direction i use 10 EMA or lower, to judge current direction and i never trade against this short term EMA for whatever reason. If at all i am trying to catch bottom and tops, then my stoploss is no more than 20 points on nifty.
In this way you will never get carried away with price action alone, but also have short term directional indicator like moving average with you. You may used 8 EMA or anything you like. Just stick to it. I mean if daily closing above 10 EMA or so dont short market. Hope i am clear as of now.

Finally, i analyse all thing in perspective of momentum indicator. This one is important, bcoz, i see this on various timeframes. Like weekly/ Daily / Hourly / 5min.
This tells me where higher timeframe momentum is shifting, and you will get this confirmation with price closing below certain key averages, which you have defined, along with some candlestick patterns as proof, and simple support- Resistance line as your arsenal.

At last define yourself where you want to trade/invest, like on daily chart or intraday charts, bcoz thats all matter. The timeframe which suits your composure is key to success.

I use these analysis and note down my levels. and Secondly, i had designed my own mechanical way of trade/invest where no interference from my side, its like a more of SAR system.

Last in trading/Investing, all that matters is your psychology and risk management, and not your holygrail ( indicators/ expert advisors etc etc....).

Many newcomers fail, because they dont have solid risk management in place and with poor psychology they not get anywhere.

There are many good thread here in traderji, with lots of strategies, but are they backtested, only owner of that strategy know. So do your own self analysis before commiting money.

And last accept mistakes, we are not here to show our knowledge or supremacy, we are here to make money, be rigid in following your discipline. Many who teach, dont trade!
This is fact, so read everything with disclosure.
Thank u very much for ur detailed explanation..it will really help me to clear my concepts & understanding of chart reading...I will try to analysis chart as u mentioned..
thanks again

Nifty update:

Todays 5min chart showing action below 5165 not good.
A close on daily above 6130 is good, and as monthly and weekly close too today only.
Bulls will try to close weekly above 6205 our earlier resistance zone, a failure will add weaknees only.

On monthly, bulls eyeing 6195-6200 zone for close, this is positive for them, and we can see crossing of 6330 zone if bulls closed here near to 6200 zone.

5165 is the figure to watch as of now.

Gandhar.

Nifty update:

Todays 5min chart showing action below 5165 not good.
A close on daily above 6130 is good, and as monthly and weekly close too today only.
Bulls will try to close weekly above 6205 our earlier resistance zone, a failure will add weaknees only.

On monthly, bulls eyeing 6195-6200 zone for close, this is positive for them, and we can see crossing of 6330 zone if bulls closed here near to 6200 zone.

5165 is the figure to watch as of now.
typo 5165 = 6165 :)

Some Gems from Alan Farley:

=> Buy the Second Low, Sell the Second High
- Price extremes attract contrary tactics. The first test of a new high should fail. The first test of a new low should succeed. Watch for a breakout or breakdown the next time around.

=> Buy the first pullback from a new high. Sell the first pullback from a new low

Act quickly when the market gods offer a gift. Pullbacks let traders jump on board moving trains.They also provide fuel to carry a market higher or lower.

=> Perfect patterns carry the greatest risk for failure
Demand warts and bruises on your trade setups. Market mechanics work to defeat the majority when everyone sees the same thing at the same time. Look closely for failure when perfection appears

=> Trends rarely turn on a dime.
Reversals build slowly. Investors are as stubborn as mules and take a lot of pain before they admit defeat. Short sellers are true disbelievers and won’t cover without a fight

Some Gems from Alan Farley:

=> Buy the Second Low, Sell the Second High
- Price extremes attract contrary tactics. The first test of a new high should fail. The first test of a new low should succeed. Watch for a breakout or breakdown the next time around.

=> Buy the first pullback from a new high. Sell the first pullback from a new low

Act quickly when the market gods offer a gift. Pullbacks let traders jump on board moving trains.They also provide fuel to carry a market higher or lower.

=> Perfect patterns carry the greatest risk for failure
Demand warts and bruises on your trade setups. Market mechanics work to defeat the majority when everyone sees the same thing at the same time. Look closely for failure when perfection appears

=> Trends rarely turn on a dime.
Reversals build slowly. Investors are as stubborn as mules and take a lot of pain before they admit defeat. Short sellers are true disbelievers and won’t cover without a fight
Wish I could thank you 10 times for this. This is postulating what every trader feels, but can't define.