Charts for the Day

Hi Anil,

I hold 550 quantity of Amtek Auto.
What should be the exit price for Amtek Auto ?

Thanks so much.

Mahesh Asrani.

Hi mahesh,

Frankly my modest TGT was to get quick 6-8% seeing the charts.

Right now, just overlaid my momentum indicators and what i am seeing is, slowing or waning momentum on daily charts. But todays close will be watchable, as it is trying to chase earlier peak of november, where our resistance zone of 75.5 also there.So closing above this will TGT again higher near to 85-88 zone.

What to do now, as i am holding against cash margin i will part book and rest trail with SL for today 70.5 on closing basis for today.

My two state of mind for this stock is due to---
1) Rising 50 DMA giving me hint to sit tight and ride the trend
2) Slowing of waning momentum seen by -ve divergence telling me to book here.
So i did part book and trailing rest.

All eyes on closing today, a close above 76 will take it higher.

Anilji excellent pick was Amtke Auto
i was about to buy that on tuesday @68.5 but could as I got busy and i am regretting

anyways thanks for sharing that pick, hope someone benifitted.

How do you pick on stocks to analyse, I mean toask why did you decided to track Amtek, do you have a list of 100 stocks you track or some kind of a fillter?
Dear jain.er,

hi, yes its from my stable of stocks, which i track regularly. The stock on weekly holding support levels and volatility compressing, expecting a upside breakout imminent. And daily given a chance to enter.

Hi Friends,

Many get deceived by seeing negative divergences and stock keep putting higher highs. In today times excellent example is S&P500. It is climbing higher and higher, with negative divergences across the board, and shorters feeling the pain all the way.

Thats why we here always lay emphasis on price action based support/Resistances to have a clue. I mena you can have it levels from hourly chart with hourly closing below key level to exit the trade if you are a short term trader/investor or from daily if you are intermediate term investor.

It can also be breaking two bar lows or highs. Those are called swing highs and lows. Breaking two days low is bearish in short term and alongwith your moving average if its a sell, then its a SELL.

Also, broad market indicators for S&P500 like %of stock above or below MA is also giving -ve divergences, but still S&P500 is rising. Here it is due to changing stocks for every rise, and stock rotation taking it higher and higher. So its a difficult to predict/anticipate tops in such a scenario.

So next time you see negative/positive divergences have price as a tool to confirm it.

mangup

Hi Friends,

Many get deceived by seeing negative divergences and stock keep putting higher highs. In today times excellent example is S&P500. It is climbing higher and higher, with negative divergences across the board, and shorters feeling the pain all the way.

Thats why we here always lay emphasis on price action based support/Resistances to have a clue. I mena you can have it levels from hourly chart with hourly closing below key level to exit the trade if you are a short term trader/investor or from daily if you are intermediate term investor.

It can also be breaking two bar lows or highs. Those are called swing highs and lows. Breaking two days low is bearish in short term and alongwith your moving average if its a sell, then its a SELL.

Also, broad market indicators for S&P500 like %of stock above or below MA is also giving -ve divergences, but still S&P500 is rising. Here it is due to changing stocks for every rise, and stock rotation taking it higher and higher. So its a difficult to predict/anticipate tops in such a scenario.

So next time you see negative/positive divergences have price as a tool to confirm it.
Hi Anil,

U mean to say, to play -ve divg, we need to go to one time frame down & a close below two bars low/swing low, we will see the -ve div effect on daily chart. Could u pl show it on chart to understand it better?

When can we get confirmation that the -ve div is confirmed and we can exit long & initiate short?

Hi Anil,

U mean to say, to play -ve divg, we need to go to one time frame down & a close below two bars low/swing low, we will see the -ve div effect on daily chart. Could u pl show it on chart to understand it better?

When can we get confirmation that the -ve div is confirmed and we can exit long & initiate short?
Dear mangup,

No..what i said is you cant short market just bcoz negative divergences are there. You need to have confirmation from price alone, rest indicators are all derivative of price.
-ve divergences on momentum means pace of moving upwards have been slowed down it doesnt mean reversal there itself.

So what to look on price chart. It can be support/Resistance on price action points. Like if market trading near to 6300 level, and neagative divergences coming in persistently then you just cant short mkt there. You need to arrive at levels, like below 6280 it seems weakness on 5min chart based on price S/R levels, but that weakness is limited to 5min chart only, for daily charts to show weakness it needs to again break some key level to prove it for a confirmation that mkt has reversed.

What i am trying to show from 2 bar reversals is, identifying short term strength and weakness. Like in TA we learned HH-HL forms bull mkt, similarly i try to see how swing lows of 2 or 3 bars earlier figuring out.

If todays bar has broken low of previous three bars, it implies something structural change occured, it may be due to news or anything. So it will try to show weakness in short term.

YOu can also combine it with MA of your choice, or also draw trendlines on price as well on your indicator too for added confirmation.

Point is you cant short just bcoz -ve div is there. Market can push itself to such a extreme that these divergences fade, another set of rise await to hang the bears, this goes on till last of bears find suffocating to hold on their positions.

Hi Anil,

Hats of to you !!!

Lately, i have been reading your threads and am very impressed by your
a. Knowledge
b. Ability to Share
c. True Spriit to Share and help others.

One can say that i am a retail investor... and have only lost money in the share market. It is not easy for me to quantify my losses ... ... and have almost broken my legs so to say.... a few times.

This storey has repeated itself time and again.

When ever i have bought shares, the prices went down and when i sold the shares the price went up. absolutely strange.

Lately i registered for this site and and in the maze of so many threads, i saw your two threads

* Charts of the Day
* Reading the Price Action

So well you have painstakingly explained here.

People like you are rare. Keep up the great work.

With Warm Regards,

Mahesh Asrani.

Anil, now I am curious about these S&P500 charts. Can you please post the charts ? Were the oscillators OUT OF the OB/OS Zone and then reverted ??

Hi Friends,

Dear mangup,

No..what i said is you cant short market just bcoz negative divergences are there. You need to have confirmation from price alone, rest indicators are all derivative of price.
-ve divergences on momentum means pace of moving upwards have been slowed down it doesnt mean reversal there itself.

So what to look on price chart. It can be support/Resistance on price action points. Like if market trading near to 6300 level, and neagative divergences coming in persistently then you just cant short mkt there. You need to arrive at levels, like below 6280 it seems weakness on 5min chart based on price S/R levels, but that weakness is limited to 5min chart only, for daily charts to show weakness it needs to again break some key level to prove it for a confirmation that mkt has reversed.

What i am trying to show from 2 bar reversals is, identifying short term strength and weakness. Like in TA we learned HH-HL forms bull mkt, similarly i try to see how swing lows of 2 or 3 bars earlier figuring out.

If todays bar has broken low of previous three bars, it implies something structural change occured, it may be due to news or anything. So it will try to show weakness in short term.

YOu can also combine it with MA of your choice, or also draw trendlines on price as well on your indicator too for added confirmation.

Point is you cant short just bcoz -ve div is there. Market can push itself to such a extreme that these divergences fade, another set of rise await to hang the bears, this goes on till last of bears find suffocating to hold on their positions.

so watch those -ve div on weekly and their significance, shorters are crying throughout the year. But thats the nature of market, when its start trending it ignores all learnings.

Ans on weekly RSI chart, marked 23rd sept -2013, the following analyst appered with major technical report, that SP500 is overbought and resistances should hold now, but later see the chart. Point is market over-rule all standard approaches, and you should have been scared if following indicators only, those who watch for price based S/R levels must have been atleast saved to save their pants on.

http://www.businessinsider.in/Two-T...ock-Market-Right-Now/articleshow/23006147.cms

Elliott wave followers called it third wave, a full force wave exerting extreme force on that direction, ignoring all noise and all news(here news of QA easing).