CMT From MTA

beginner_av

Can someone who is a certified MTA (from India) tell us what are the practical benefits of going through this certification (w.r.t trading on NSE/BSE)? Also, let us know how this helps if you are an individual trader (as opposed to someone who trades on behalf of a FI/employer).
As an individual trader it does not help. Get the book lists and more and go ahead yourself.

market rumor is starting salary@1lakh/month..........if u know trading 1.5lakh/month
Not every thing is in Black or White.

Consider a certain Trader-X in late late-twenties who has researched well and has a system to trade NF. His system might be profitable to scale up to 25 lots. But he has only 10 lakhs as savings/Dad's blessing. So by joining a Institutional propritory desk, he can fully leverage his knowledge.

Besides there is a risk management team which constantly helps to improve your system. And senior traders who can be very helpful. Eg. http://rayleigh-group.com/jobs/trading_18012008.pdf

Last edited:

beginner_av

Excellent point. Not to mention, you also get great infrastructure, lowest brokerage, profit sharing/bonus, reading materials/papers not accessible to everyone, contacts with other big traders, prop coders to code and test your strategies the way you want and eventually leave with many other things that they never intended/thought in the first place and set up your own terminal at home.

beginner_av

Excellent point. Not to mention, you also get great infrastructure, best platform for execution (which you may not even dream of), lowest brokerage, profit sharing/bonus, reading materials/papers not accessible to everyone, contacts with other big traders, prop coders to code and test your strategies the way you want and eventually leave with many other things that they never intended/thought in the first place and set up your own terminal at home.

oilman5

i answer............if u have mta certification.......u get a salary....1lakh /month....if u have trading experience[assuming a decent return by trading,based trading statement and equity curve analysis of atleast 1yr...........salary in india 1.5lakh/month
this is regarding job value, those prop. trader is gimmick or the real one keep mum.......yes after..........various year of experience ......switch to own trading[ask cv, a real one]...........he is not a cmt[i presume]...........but earn from trading more than most can dream

Dear oilman, when I mentioned job prospects in second post, I mentioned very clearly to stay out of so-called 'Indian Firms'. I am talking about the likes of Goldman Sachs, Futures First, Lehman Brothers etc. Also the pay structures at prop desks is nothing like a fixed salary.

Let me assure you I am not working for anyone. I am reading traderji for almost two years now.

BTW if u have some information to share, that's exactly what the forums are meant for.

U

uasish

Not every thing is in Black or White.

Consider a certain Trader-X in late late-twenties who has researched well and has a system to trade NF. His system might be profitable to scale up to 25 lots. But he has only 10 lakhs as savings/Dad's blessing. So by joining a Institutional propritory desk, he can fully leverage his knowledge.

Besides there is a risk management team which constantly helps to improve your system. And senior traders who can be very helpful. Eg. http://rayleigh-group.com/jobs/trading_18012008.pdf
Going thru the Link provided,was reflecting ,that when i started as a novice doing intraday trading in a bucket shop at Kolkata's Chadni Chowk few yrs back,i knew nothing,today also i know so much less.
Only difference is on the very 1st Day at the bucket shop i wanted to trade the One at the Top of the Screen,they told me it is Nifty which i cant trade,other than that all other on the screen i can trade.
Now i trade Nifty everyday.

Very good thread,this proves that trading can be a honourable Proffession.

oilman5

dear trader111,
u r already given good info,only salary part i suggest . u have suggested to learn from pro.........and cmt is best.being a pro.....u try to help novices and i respect ur good intention......also for individual trader.......that stamp has no value,........definitely good for snake oil seller like me.btw i know who has those 3letters.
i enjoy the role playing a fool
with regards[since students payslip i dont carry, i keep mum]
oilman5