Come into the Trader's Den

No activity in the Traders' Den in the new year ?......Let me post a chart of Nifty Futures 30 min timeframe to show possible trade and add locations and trailing down of Stops last week..........

Best wishes for a great 2011 for everyone....

Smart_trade
one of the best example of the trend getting ..
and position sizing...
thank u ...
great trade..like to hear and see more like this gem

PGDIMES

No activity in the Traders' Den in the new year ?......Let me post a chart of Nifty Futures 30 min timeframe to show possible trade and add locations and trailing down of Stops last week..........

Best wishes for a great 2011 for everyone....

Smart_trade

Dear ST,

I know that this type of trades were taught by Saint and he discussed this in the Kolkata meet as well... I have a question regarding stops and adding positions... The stops are placed at the highest points of the pivotal bar but the position-adding points are not at the lowest point of the pivotal bar but at some arbitrary/valid points. Why?

4xpipcounter

Even though, I don't trade it, there are many chart obviations that tell me Nifty is headed much lower over the next several weeks, and maybe months.
From the current level, there should be a correction. The bottom of the 4-hour cloud at 5901 should contain it.
Conservatively, I think it is headed to 5088, but it will take weeks to get there.

should we add more to the shorting side , now that mkt is gone below 5700?

AW10

Mkt is already in oversold zone, It is touching lower trend channel line.. Near a major support line of 200 dma.
Are you expecting 1 directional market ?

moreover, US mkt is closed today so not much action in global market too.

imo, we might stablise here for some time before making next move. most likely we are heading for a rangebound day today. That's my view and I might be wrong.

happy trading.

4xpipcounter

It is very OS on the 4-hour and daily which is why I favor the short term correction, but still contained under 5901.
I agree with a possible rangebound day. This could take on the appearance the Euro did last week. I predicted the correction after the strong DOWN the week before, but it seem to go sideways the 1st 2 days of last week, then it took the express straight north.
This is what could be in store for Nifty. The move was strong and it needs to correct some of it, before it begins another leg south.

Mkt is already in oversold zone, It is touching lower trend channel line.. Near a major support line of 200 dma.

imo, we might stablise here for some time before making next move. most likely we are heading for a rangebound day today. That's my view and I might be wrong.

happy trading.

SwingKing

happy trading.
If somebody is of similar view, then switching to shorter time frames and scalping few trades on the long side would provide good trades. Volatility is high and movement is ought to be there.

Tc

Dear ST,

I know that this type of trades were taught by Saint and he discussed this in the Kolkata meet as well... I have a question regarding stops and adding positions... The stops are placed at the highest points of the pivotal bar but the position-adding points are not at the lowest point of the pivotal bar but at some arbitrary/valid points. Why?
Hello PGDIMES,

The position adding points are not arbitrary....they are the body lows of the pivot bars/ sideways movements. For stops we have taken the wick high points as we dont want to get out prematurely from the established downtrend and for adds in downtrend we add below the body lows as we are adding in the direction of the trend......

I am sure things will become clear now....moreover we handle uptrends and downtrends differently as in downtrends we have gravity working in our favour.

Bulls take the staircase.......bears jump out of the window....:)

Have a nice trading day.....

Smart_trade

one of the best example of the trend getting ..
and position sizing...
thank u ...
great trade..like to hear and see more like this gem
Thanks for your kind words , tukai.....

Have a great trading day ahead....

Smart_trade

happy trading.
my sl is 5600..............