Datafeed Vendor Comparison

mastermind007

a) what is gala trade? this trade is a SL trade. Either a SL-L or SL-M

b) this is Futures trade. Also There is no dark pool in NSE and All trades must be reflected at exchange as per zerodha. The trade has a order number which can be verified at the exchange.
I suggested Gala trade because the above problem carries the symptoms of Gala trade.

Gala is a Gujarati word for Gap.

Gala trade is old school thing in which brokers would not reveal the actual trade price to the client but charge client what he had asked for. It was a chronic problem in pre-computer era stock markets where average trader had no access to real time prices.

For example, I asked broker to buy XYZ at Rs. 100 at 10am. When my order reached the market floor, it was available @ 95. Broker would still inform me that he bought at 100.

Newspapers on next day used to carry EOD prices after which client's most common complain would be that price at which they traded was not even within the day's range.

In those days, ppl would only be able to detect a gala if they'd been hit with a gap so huge that it had landed their traded price outside the entire trading session. Small gaps that got covered before or after the trade in same session would be rendered invisible to average trader.

For e.g. Above gap would go undetected because LT F1 did make high above 1487 at around 12:45. Now we are able to tell that so&so price did not appear at 11:02-11:03 so the problem does not occur frequently and when it does we are able to zero it down to the second.

Has it been verified at exchange? What is the outcome?

Market making is permitted in F&O. It means that broker could fill orders of his client by assuming the opposite position

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...s-market-making-in-FO/articleshow/8701536.cms

Last edited:

bpr

NCDEX

NCDEX has done it differently.
They are not providing data to any vendor.
Instead the exchnage is directly providing data to the retail people.
They have 2 products NCharts and Ncharts Pro.
Ncharts is a web based product with 2 minute delayed data(Provided Free)
and Ncharts Pro Desktop client with real time data.

pricing is 2000 per month for all not bad.

Platform screenshot. Platform also equiped with Depth of Market.

Upon further research found out the software is devloped by i-dart( i-darts dot com) and they call it as "Dartcomm".

Last edited:

bpr

Icharts Datafeed Platform

Icharts is one of the oldest legal data provider if I can remember.
Their Jcharts Platform is also popular.

Jcharts platform is also provided by many other sites such as Bazar trend.

Please know that the software is not devloped by icharts .
Instead by a company named wdsoftware.(wdsoftware dot com)

The software name is Fncharts Professional.
It is a web based software.

The software current version is v9 and cost is one time 1499 Euro.
Support cost Extra.

The icharts and bazartrend site runs an older version of this software V3.
(I might be wrong).
Again we don't know if bazartrend source data from icharts or feed their own data.

As the software is not theirs they could not do any customization requests by people so they started developing their new platform(again not 100% sure) Which is apparently a desktop platform which they sell under their platinum plan.
I have no more info about their new platform if you have any details then share.

Icharts said in their website they are going to support Amibroker and Ninjatrader soon but god knows when but that will be interesting...

Last edited:

Jai Mata Di

Is there anyone with risingcomtrade? There current offer for MT4 seems very attractive. If anyone using it please share experience here about there data. Specially Nifty Futures and Crude Oil futures.

They are giving all charts MCX+SX+NCDEX+NSE @ Rs 800/month and Rs 4350 for 6 month.

Someone previously said in this TJ that their data is very fast and accurate. But how safe is our money if subscribed for 6 month/1yr. They don't have any office address. But, Bank details is showing they are from Thiruvananthapuram (Capital of Kerala).

If any one here is with them, please share your experience. Any trader from Kerala/Thiruvananthapuram know them? Please share experience or try to find out they are genuine or not. :)

One mysterious fact is they say they also have brokerage business( so they must have local office), but no address in their web site.:confused: If more TJ members (not fake members but genuine/old members) have good experience with them, only then it will help us to take decision.
There is also advertisement of stupid 'mastering day trading course' in few ours like fraud stars. :p :rofl:

But I want to know only about MT4 data and their authenticity as rate is very low.
Waiting for a reply, if anyone here has experience with them (or live in near Thiruvananthapuram know them) please share more info here.

------------
Please share here the names of any other low cost authentic MT4 vender around 500-800 per month for both NSE & MCX. GLS is asking too much for a fake vender. :lol:
Eagerly waiting for Zerodha PI also to know there rate.

Happy Trading.

I have tried gls,rising comtrade ,bmscharting demos as far my opinion :thumb:.

Gls charts feed is history center updatation of data .monthly they are asking 900 per segment,they are from Tamil nadu,chennai.

Risingcomtrade.in earlier they got data from scfx offered data for 1400 ,now reduced to 800 per month and 2400 for 3 months,they are from kerala.

bmscharting.in offering monthly 1400 all segments per month and 3000 for 3 months ,they are from tamil nadu.

I have tried all the three in cheap data provider segments .Looks confusing ppl from traderji can check and share their view:clapping:.

Last edited:
Hi! Gaint there is no difference in data quality of GLS & Risingcomtrade, i checked & used both of them & it seems that both of them are using same data source because both were not working for 10 minutes on 14th of this month.
How is BMS Charting data quality?

bpr

just came across trading View dot com

They are currently the best web based charting software apparently.

They are doing some fantastic stuff which was never done before such as social integration and chart analysis sharing among users and tracking performance.
Their charting is so good that it will give some of the desktop software run for their money.
Unfortunately no indian market support.
The CME website also uses their charting in their website.
They provide free with low quality datafeed. and some limitation.
And pro with all features 20$ a month which is really nice.

They are also now integrating with various broker to execute trade from the chart.