Day Trading Stocks & Futures

Riskyman

have you taken long ? at which level ? my long failed twice at 3700 in last 2 days. once it moved to 3785 but I was not in front of screen :(
Long at 53.00 usd on the overseas trading account. Exit at 53.50. Quick trade as I am trading after 6 weeks or so. Moreover half a dollar is not bad for me. Should be equivalent of about 30-35 pts on MCX.
Yet to log into to Zerodha and fund it.

TraderRavi

low risk profile
A rate cut appears certain, but may be weak medicine
Rate cut is a given, but will it salvage the growth slowdown?

The growth slowdown in India is stark while inflation is benign. That looks like a perfect backdrop for effecting a rate cut and RBI’s monetary policy committee (MPC) is expected to grant markets their wish. Their decision is due on June 6 and we have little doubt that they will reduce rates by 25 basis points -- if not 50 basis points -- in light of the grim macro picture.

But the moot question remains: Will a steep reduction in policy rates make money much cheaper and kick-start the growth cycle that markets eagerly await?

A rate cut is already priced in

From the previous policy (on April 4) till date, the yield on the 10-year benchmark has declined by 35 basis points to fall below 7 percent, largely factoring in a rate action. The equity markets have also priced in the rate action, as visible from gains made by cyclical stocks recently.

Also, inflation remains benign. The latest CPI (consumer price index) print for April continues to remain well below 3 percent and interestingly, core inflation that stayed stubbornly high for long has fallen to an 18-month low of 4.5 percent.

The global backdrop has turned conducive and is hinting at softer commodity prices. With heightened trade tensions between the two largest economies, commodity prices have headed down and are likely to remain benign as the global growth forecast has been revised down due to trade disruptions.

Recent data are all pointing to the gravity of the slowdown. First, auto numbers had slid into the slow lane. This was followed by the negative index of industrial production (IIP) data that showed a slowdown in consumption and investment. Volume numbers released by FMCG companies in their quarterly reports highlighted that the slowdown is not confined to discretionary spending, but is now affecting staples as well. Finally, the Q4 FY19 GDP print at a 5-year low of 5.8 percent is a result of the slowdown seen across sectors and industries.

The new government has a challenging and urgent task of reviving growth and the classical tools available are fiscal (spend more) or monetary (reduce interest rates).

In the past five years, overall savings have declined – gross domestic savings to GDP declined from 32.1 percent in FY14 to 30.5 percent at the end of FY18. Household savings that form bulk of the domestic savings (close to 56 percent) had a sharper decline, from 20.3 percent to 17.2 percent.

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/b...certain-but-may-be-weak-medicine-4064541.html