Day Trading Stocks & Futures

I have no issues with what she is doing or not doing. My only grouse is with press conferences during market hours.
Have already given up on economy, it's a cycle, will repair itself in a few years.
When important decisions are announced after the market hours, we complain that we dont have opportunuty to manage our positions and the market opens with gap...when she does it in market hours then we say why in market hours......we cannot have such double speak ...if the important announcements come during market ours, traders can orient themselves to the changing market trend....if not they have to face the gap up/down and they are without any control to take suitable actions...

ST

When important decisions are announced after the market hours, we complain that we dont have opportunuty to manage our positions and the market opens with gap...when she does it in market hours then we say why in market hours......we cannot have such double speak ...if the important announcements come during market ours, traders can orient themselves to the changing market trend....if not they have to face the gap up/down and they are without any control to take suitable actions...

ST
People who carry positions already have these types of shocks that can be expected factored into their risk profiles. If not, they have no business carrying positions.
For people trading intraday, such press conferences play havoc. For the sake of argument, people will say that intraday should have this factored into their risk profiles. It is, as traders like me step aside, if such events are announced beforehand.
Highly deplorable of the government to hold press conferences during market hours. This is my opinion, and may differ from other people's opinions

Budgets use to be announced during market hour... (when it use to matter, pre-GST era)
Most experienced traders take a trading break on budget day, and even the day after, or keep positions light. I personally don't remember trading on budget day ever.
Even RBI policy was shifted to. 4 pm for some months, citing high market movement. Now it's back to market hours. People who are used to trading huge swings may find it profitable to have these events during market hours. Most falter. That's my point.

People who carry positions already have these types of shocks that can be expected factored into their risk profiles. If not, they have no business carrying positions.
For people trading intraday, such press conferences play havoc. For the sake of argument, people will say that intraday should have this factored into their risk profiles. It is, as traders like me step aside, if such events are announced beforehand.
Highly deplorable of the government to hold press conferences during market hours. This is my opinion, and may differ from other people's opinions
Ha ha...exending the same logic, if daytraders cannot handle such swings (day traders are in much better position to manage their positions due to small stops)...then they have no business to be in daytrading...come on Sumo your logic is faulty....:)Market time me karo to problem, market ke baad karo to problem, kuchh na karo to problem, kuchh karo to bhi problem.....

ST

Riskyman

Budgets use to be announced during market hour... (when it use to matter, pre-GST era)

Even election results... when it use to take 3-4 days to count votes... those were the days when you could glue to TV for 48hrs... :p
Isnt budget now announced during market hours?? I can understand that something like the Budget may cause a deal of volatility but routine press conferences dont matter. Why should the government change its timings simply because it creates a bit of volatility in the market? Day traders should use stop losses or sit out if they cant deal with random spikes.
What about volatility when trump tweets? or some rocket is fired in the middle east? Or will we say rocket should be fired after 4pm?

Ha ha...exending the same logic, if daytraders cannot handle such swings (day traders are in much better position to manage their positions due to small stops)...then they have no business to be in daytrading...come on Sumo your logic is faulty....:)Market time me karo to problem, market ke baad karo to problem, kuchh na karo to problen, kuchh karo to bhi problem.....

ST
Arre DA, am toh poora faulty. Better half fully agrees with you

Isnt budget now announced during market hours?? I can understand that something like the Budget may cause a deal of volatility but routine press conferences dont matter. Why should the government change its timings simply because it creates a bit of volatility in the market? Day traders should use stop losses or sit out if they cant deal with random spikes.
What about volatility when trump tweets? or some rocket is fired in the middle east? Or will we say rocket should be fired after 4pm?
Rockets preferably after 8pm please. I can watch news while having dinner