Day Trading Stocks & Futures

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
Take one of them for discussion purpose. Bajaj Finance is now trading where is was just one and half or two years ago. So all the steep fall had come because of the steep rise as well. In 2014, Bajaj Finance was quoting below 150. So you can see how steep the rise was. They simply lent where regular bankers did not bother to go. But it would be a fallacy to think that they will not have bad debt problems. Most of their lending is in consumer finance segment. Since that segment in India was rapidly expanding in the last decade, defaults were insignificant as compared to new business expansion. But Covid kind of situation can turn the economy around and make lenders face the reality.

2008 US crash was related to consumer lending. (both credit cards as well as home mortgages). That market is more matured in this segment and hence they have seen the cycles. In our country we are yet to see that. When General Electric was investing in Asia finance business, (Thailand, Indonesia, and also SBI Cards investment in India etc), their boss Jack Welsh said, " In Asia, borrowers feel that it is an insult to default and to be seen with collection agents coming to their homes" GE exited SBI cards longtime ago and they smartly exited finance business in Asia. Now these markets are not so nascent and once personal bankruptcy code is in place in India, you can see the defaults. That may impact HDFC, LIC Housing Finance and SBI Cards as well.

I think, in the long run, it is a very risky business. Especially, the consumer lending business of Bajaj Finance.
Bajaj Finserve also owns Insurance companies. They are now writing down some of their risky investments (read bonds). That is another headache.
housing market will be biggest defaulter soon. Even bajaj fin in its report showed in one slide that biggest rise in 'bounce' in terms of % is home loan.

travi

After 20 Trillion package Government and Central bank left no elbow room. Exhaust all arms and ammunition.
The more and more unforseen problems are erupting. Like Amphan cyclone created very serious issues of rehabilitation of millions affected.
Now manufactures are urging migrants to return back. Today surat Diamond market shut after 1 hour of opening.
Mostly Covid-19 crisis becoming furious. Yesterday world record sharpest single day rise of more than 1lac case.
Only God knows what store in future.
My context was different. This dates long before covid etc but it is based on the policy framework by RBI.
Very easy for them to put so many restrictions ( like during nbfc crisis etc ) but when support is required, they seem to be left out.

travi

my assumption is it going to 1675 (50% retrenchment)
I took this trade based on that news. While mkt was up, RIL was happily dumping its stake in AP. then news came out and panic sellers came. by then lot of buying again happened around 1500, which i originally thought 1600.
Who knows maybe RIL only purchased it back at 1500.
Those who panicked, unka kat gaya.

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
I took this trade based on that news. While mkt was up, RIL was happily dumping its stake in AP. then news came out and panic sellers came. by then lot of buying again happened around 1500, which i originally thought 1600.
Who knows maybe RIL only purchased it back at 1500.
Those who panicked, unka kat gaya.
Or
RIL waited for panic to be over and will now sell at 1700 :p