Diary of a day trader - Part 2

Good short trade as a first trade in the new series...

Smart_trade
D ST da I took short below the low of 1st 5min though the trade is profitable but I felt it was risky because it was 50 points gap down.

Also my stop loss was high of 1st 5 min candel initially; is this approach correct please answer when time permits.

Thanks

D ST da I took short below the low of 1st 5min though the trade is profitable but I felt it was risky because it was 50 points gap down.

Also my stop loss was high of 1st 5 min candel initially; is this approach correct please answer when time permits.

Thanks
In June series charts, a pivot low was at 6106 below which we have to go short. Suppose you went short at close of first 5 min bar (which was 6101.95) , and if the subsequesnt bar closes above 6106 ...get out of short trade...so risk of 10-12 points only...

ST

futures

futures; said:
1 month is not over for me yet(started a bit late)..i am up by 8% and still few more days to go to complete 1 month...I trade only Nifty futures and i don't generate lot of brokerage to Zerodha as i am not a intraday trader (so getting back the Rs.20 brokerage is no big deal but because of my size, if i can get back some of their transaction fees would be really nice ) but this challenge is fun !!
Alright..40 days over for me in Zerodha challenge - 1 more month to go. 1st month profit was 10.3 percent of base capital and 2nd month profit was 26% of the base capital...peak to valley drawdown of 22%..i did not add or withdraw any money in the last 40 days...i did couple of trading mistakes in the 1st month and 1 mistake in the 2nd month (costed around 8% of my base capital)...so, need to keep this mind in future..As Van tharp says " the errors can put a trader behind by more than what he can imagine"...

Well, please share your p/l percentage as most of us would have completed 2 months...good luck to all for the next month/series..

Happy trading !!

in june series charts, a pivot low was at 6106 below which we have to go short. Suppose you went short at close of first 5 min bar (which was 6101.95) , and if the subsequesnt bar closes above 6106 ...get out of short trade...so risk of 10-12 points only...

St

mee to short below 6106 :) but my s/l was at 6118 . Where you put s/l sir g

Sorry for irrelevant post one plan was offered by my broker . Can you provide comments whether to choose or not

segment plan charges brokerage per lot
fno 1499 2

equity and fno 1999 1
commodity 999 3
commodity 1499 2
commodity 1999 1
currency 999 1

SEGMENT TRANSACTION COST
EQUITY NSE/BSE 550
FUTURE 430
OPTION 7200
MCX 450