Differences between trader terminals

http://www.5paisa.com/TT_Demo.asf

5paisa appears to be good.If anybody using 5paisa gives feedback ,it will be nice.
I am bothered about the refresh rate of the quotes.My question is ,ARE YOU ABLE
TO EXECUTE THE ORDERS AS SHOWN ON MARKET WATCH?
Both 5P and sharekhan are very good. In fact both appear to be almost the same. I did not have delays in sharekhan, or as a matter of fact both. YES, EXECUTION HAPPENS AT RATES IN MARKET WATCH, except in very rare conditions. I know what you mean by this. Just an example, my friends using ODIN were surprised at my quotes, High, Low from terminal over the telephone. They have not received those yet. In addition, back office is also excellent in sharekhan. They give you all kinds of info, including securitywise trades, expirywise trades, etc., My info about Sharekhan is quite old,though.

In terms of your speed of the terminal, it could also be due to your ISP. My reco is to check out the following - Run a disk cleanup & defrag on the OS partition (usually C:) atleast once a week, change your DNS to OPENDNS (BSNL sucks). If you're using Norton for antivirus, get the latest version, the older ones are really heavy on the PC (They hog and leave you with very little resources). These alone can give excellent results. Good luck.

PIB is by far the best platform that I have worked on.... and by a large margin.

Ease of use, ease of execution, bla bla bla..... only drawback is their security key, its a hassle, but its for our own good, so you learn to tolerate it
I think you can ask you RM to get rid of the security key.... I found it very irritating and now they have taken the key back...

moto143

Thanks for the pic. The number of indicators are mindblowing. Can the brokerage is way too high. I am mainly in futures and from reports I feel .03% should be be the the max for derivatives.

Why do you say it is not good for EOD?
Yes! There are a lot of indicator's.Charting facility in India bulls is really good..
EOD doesn't load in the Power Indiabulls platform...When you select EOD Data of a scrip, PIB redirects you to Indiabulls website which will fetch you EOD Data..There is a lot of problem with customization for example you can't run two or more indicator's together etc..

But it doesn't matter much to me since we can get better charts than that from icharts or investbulls for free.

Here is EOD chart of Indiabulls...You can also select " Intraday" from the chart..I think this is basically meant for user's who use Indiabulls website for trading.

Last edited:

moto143

and ya! i wanted to mention one more problem which i find irritating in PowerIndiabulls..I don't know weather it's the same case with Other Broker's platform also..You will have to load power Indiabulls from 9.55 in the morning if you need to see the Intraday charts from 9.55..for example if i load PIB at 11 am , it will only start showing the intraday data from 11am onwards and the scrips should be present in market watch also.

I came to know about this 2 days back...I was keeping an eye on Nifty..by 11 my internet was down and resumed at 1...I could only see the data from 9.55 to 11 after resuming.

columbus

and ya! i wanted to mention one more problem which i find irritating in PowerIndiabulls..I don't know weather it's the same case with Other Broker's platform also..You will have to load power Indiabulls from 9.55 in the morning if you need to see the Intraday charts from 9.55..for example if i load PIB at 11 am , it will only start showing the intraday data from 11am onwards and the scrips should be present in market watch also.

I came to know about this 2 days back...I was keeping an eye on Nifty..by 11 my internet was down and resumed at 1...I could only see the data from 9.55 to 11 after resuming.
That is really a BIG problem.In sharekhan TT you do not have this problem.
But in Karvy's goTX you have this problem.

columbus

I use Sharekhan Tradetiger, its fast and has good charting. No problems faced by me.
Ok ,you place Market Order ,but you do not find the order is getting
executed as shown by Market watch price,at altogether at a different
value.

lazytrader

columbusji, I used to be tech support rep for a while so I am somewhat qualified to provide this info :D : your best bet to figure out the problem is either using a different computer altogether or try with a fresh installation of windows. Drastic measures are required since it a spurious issue.

As for the market order execution, it depends on the scrip I feel. As long as the order execution happens fast and close the the watch price it shouldn't be a problem right? In the IndiaInfoline video (in my first post) he palces 2 orders one for Ashok Leyland at 28 which gets executed at 28 and another for Moserbaer at 95.3 but order gets exectued at 95.4, that is mostly because there are no sellers at 95.3. Isn't that ok? But I am not sure if in the video the orders are actually getting executed or just dummy.

moto, do you know if it is the same problem with EOD charts for everyone or only you are facing the problem? Because if you have the visit a website or get data from elsewhere then the whole feature set in the trading platform becomes useless for non-day traders. We can then use bhavcopies with other free software for analysis.

If I am not wrong I think BSE provides metastock online for charting.

About the second problem with the intraday chart not backfilling, huge drawback. It's is as good as a disqualifier. Are you sure that Indiabulls doesn't have intraday backfilling?

IndiaInfoline also seems to have good backoffice features as well.

Columbusji, in your indicator screenshot compared to the IndiaInfoline indicatore I have noticed that the following are missing in IndiaInfoline: ADX, KnowSureThing. (I belive in TradeTiger Average is the moving average)
In TradeTiger the following indicator are missing which are available in IndiaInfoline: ATR, Momentum, MFI, OBV, Standard Deviation and Williams %R. Can you confirm that columbusji?

I won't even go into comparing the indicators available with IndiaBulls :D

I guess the most used indicators are available with both so that may be a tie. ATR can be used for stops. However I think with TradgTiger there are different types of moving averages available right?

I suppose any drawings on on the charts are not saved when the terminal is closed and formulae are not available with any broker right? Even simple ones that mark trendline break or moving average crossovers would have sufficed.

columbus

columbusji, I used to be tech support rep for a while so I am somewhat qualified to provide this info :D : your best bet to figure out the problem is either using a different computer altogether or try with a fresh installation of windows. Drastic measures are required since it a spurious issue.
I have installed TT for a third time.Either I have to change my laptap or have it reformatted.

[q]As for the market order execution, it depends on the scrip I feel. As long as the order execution happens fast and close the the watch price it shouldn't be a problem right? In the IndiaInfoline video (in my first post) he palces 2 orders one for Ashok Leyland at 28 which gets executed at 28 and another for Moserbaer at 95.3 but order gets exectued at 95.4, that is mostly because there are no sellers at 95.3. Isn't that ok? But I am not sure if in the video the orders are actually getting executed or just dummy.

As long as orders are executed in the vicinity of Market watch price ,it is OK.

[q]moto, do you know if it is the same problem with EOD charts for everyone or only you are facing the problem? Because if you have the visit a website or get data from elsewhere then the whole feature set in the trading platform becomes useless for non-day traders. We can then use bhavcopies with other free software for analysis.

If I am not wrong I think BSE provides metastock online for charting.

About the second problem with the intraday chart not backfilling, huge drawback. It's is as good as a disqualifier. Are you sure that Indiabulls doesn't have intraday backfilling?

It is one of the dangerous problems.The pictorial representation should not
be hampered for lack of Power or Internet problems.

[q]IndiaInfoline also seems to have good backoffice features as well.

Columbusji, in your indicator screenshot compared to the IndiaInfoline indicatore I have noticed that the following are missing in IndiaInfoline: ADX, KnowSureThing. (I belive in TradeTiger Average is the moving average)
In TradeTiger the following indicator are missing which are available in IndiaInfoline: ATR, Momentum, MFI, OBV, Standard Deviation and Williams %R. Can you confirm that columbusji?

I won't even go into comparing the indicators available with IndiaBulls

It is not the number of indicators provided but judicious use of them ,matters
most.
KST of sharekhan is similar to RSI.

[q]I guess the most used indicators are available with both so that may be a tie. ATR can be used for stops. However I think with TradgTiger there are different types of moving averages available right?

Rightly said.

[q]I suppose any drawings on on the charts are not saved when the terminal is closed and formulae are not available with any broker right? Even simple ones that mark trendline break or moving average crossovers would have sufficed.[/QUOTE]
I never tried.

Last edited:

crp

I am using PIB for a long period and intraday charts can be viewed from start. Just right click on the chart and select "sync" to get the chart from the opening of the market. You can even see the chart after market hours. I also use DIET ODIN which doesn't have this facility. Speedwise PIB is far superior to ODIN as it is in studies.
PIB is much superior in all respect as it is based on NEAT. The only problem with IB is the brokerage for F&O which is 2.5% of trade or Rs.100/- per lot whichever is higher. For Equities, it is acceptable seeing their service.