Elliott Wave Theory

amitagg

Crude Oil Trader
NIFTY Daily

Two possible wave counts on NIFTY. Looks like a corrective decline .
It's a corrective decline.... Despite causes 50 percent retrace and 1900 points fall in nifty

So how does that matter if we're to be an impulse

Now if is a corrective decline and it is ,,,,, would the rise from 5119 or 5900 be corrective rise..... In bigger time frame and hence more than required for this decline to play out

If yes..... Despite being corrective we spend more time in 7800-6500 region ....

Then does it PRACTICALLY matter whether decline was corrective or impulsive ......!!!!!

Amitagg , instead of blowing hot & cold , read up some EW. 38.2 & 50% correction is normal for 4th waves.
Yiu are crying over a 50% decline . On the previous page, read up a few posts. I predicted a decline to 7500. So, whats big deal. Yes, the wave 3 was tough to mark its internal structure. I had admitted this many moons back in one of my posts.
There is no perfect moving average, no perfect trendline and no perfect trading system.There is chaos in the market and using EW we try to find some order in it.
Now to your question as how does it matter if the decline is impulsive or corrective , i will say if it were impulsive we would be looking at 5200 on Nifty. You ain't seeing anything yet.
There is no perfect count as well and even if there is one , market does not know EW and does not care. It's just a count and not any recommendation or guaranteed forecast for the market. As the market prints new bars , counts will evolve.
How about enlightening the board with your count ? let us see what you got

Interesting
I am also getting these levels (6800 - 6700) as per my system (which has nothing to do with EW).

prabhsingh

"Yes, the wave 3 was tough to mark its internal structure. I had admitted this many moons back in one of my posts."
Give a close eye and you can spot clearly 5 internal waves in it as well.You can look at Hourly chart to spot internal waves as well.