Finvasia

How does Finvasia makes money in a Business format ? I am bit confused that how would Finvasia be able to sustain in this already extremely competitive Broking industry when they are not charging any brokerage ?
Theirs an International Broker, called "Robinhood" That too has same zero Brokerage. So theirs really something of Value by providing Such Free Brokerage charges.

How does Finvasia makes money in a Business format ? I am bit confused that how would Finvasia be able to sustain in this already extremely competitive Broking industry when they are not charging any brokerage ?
Theirs an International Broker, called "Robinhood" That too has same zero Brokerage. So theirs really something of Value by providing Such Free Brokerage charges.
But how? Finvasia should clarify this to us. So we can faith on them before putting our money.

Sent from my m3 note using Tapatalk

superman

But how? Finvasia should clarify this to us. So we can faith on them before putting our money.

a) They get small kickback from NSE/BSE on their transaction charges. There are incentives for brokers to generate more transaction charges for the exchange. Even zerodha gets this. Every broker gets this.
b) They have foreign investors, they need to have these systems and licenses anyways ! Why not allow retailers also. I am sure they have not invested crores together just for retail indian investors. There are prop agencies, FPI etc
c)They are their own clearing firm instead of depending upon others. So they reduced their cost; also some other broker or firm can use them as clearing agent and pay money
d) If you see they have not invested much in platforms. See zerodha and fyers , they must have spent crores on platform and they need 20rs per order brokerage to recover that money.

They charge people for using few Platforms, and also charges to use additional leverage. and NSE gives Brokers incentives if they provide volume and liquidity in markets through Users. and by providing free brokerages, lots of users get attracted towards Finvasia and thereby Creating huge turnover. And many more ways that i dont know.

Raj232

See zerodha and fyers , they must have spent crores on platform and they need 20rs per order brokerage to recover that money.
Whether crores or not, Zerodha is expecting a net profit of Rs 120 crores this year 2017-18. :)
[NOT 1.2 it is One hundred and twenty crores net profit .. ]

Infooo

I am seeing lot of people started moving away from Zerodha on account of high brokerages... For retail investors, brokerage the pay is a big factor..