Forex Journey from $500 real acct...

vicky_ag

Now for the volume part of the VSA. The VSA uses different phases(Accumulation/Distribution/Continuation) with the volume and price data. It is often the case that several phases are not clear. That is, sometimes it looks like Accumulation, whereas it ends up being a continuation(or whatever is the term for it). Thus, with the available volume with your broker, what might seem one phase to you,might(just MIGHT) become another phase on another platform. VSA uses the concept of relative volume when coming to conclusions of the price action depiction.

For me, that is a pile of assumptions and sampling to be done in order to make a decision and may be dats why I dont trade VSA

In the end..."What matters is, if you can make money from it....If You can...who the hell cares"

You are right when you say that every drop fills the ocean. But, can you ever measure the VOLUME of the entire OCEAN???? I dont think so. You can sample the one near your coast and several other coasts and make predictions of the effects....Successful predictions==MONEY...So "ALL IS WELL" as long as you can make money

How will phases differ in different brokers? Relative volumes will be the same across on platforms. Check the NVO on sonic. ;)

The point on need of measuring "the entire Ocean" has been covered by Ada.

VSA i.e. Volume spread analysis is art or study of decoding the order flow..
Well Vicky if you are really serious about VSA i would recommend using Esignal for charting ...Esignal gathers data , volume from various resources ..Well that would help you a lot and by lot i mean really a lot!
Well thats for those who wanted a clue to look for volume trading..
Enjoy..
Regards
Pipshower
Pipshower, "Order flow" is an interesting topic.There are some suggestions on that:

1. We can open a new topic for the discussion.

2. To use order flow you need to have access to bank/ broker order book. And the way I know u get that info is by being hired by them ( talking strictly in sense of Forex, futures order book is open for everyone to see). Even then the order book is representation of their customers and orders, not the whole market. The order info is made of volume with price. With the skepticism abt the reliability of volumes on a single broker existing on this thread it will be difficult to grasp the concept.

3. I am pretty sure you know this but VSA does comes close to order flow. Close enough but not the same.

Gud luck with the new thread (if you do decide to open one) :thumb:

hey pipshower,
talking about vsa i was wondering as to how we could have access to level-2 of information, fxcm offers this but the minimum required to open such a account is 10000 USD.
Any info about this?? It would cost a premium to have access to such information.

for anyone who is wondering what tier-2 info is then its the order flow book information, the same info which the smart money looks at and also contains the info of where the stops are placed at.

Happy trading,
Nik.

vicky_ag

hey pipshower,
talking about vsa i was wondering as to how we could have access to level-2 of information, fxcm offers this but the minimum required to open such a account is 10000 USD.
Any info about this?? It would cost a premium to have access to such information.

for anyone who is wondering what tier-2 info is then its the order flow book information, the same info which the smart money looks at and also contains the info of where the stops are placed at.

Happy trading,
Nik.
Nik
The level 2 info on FXCM is using their properiatory news plugin. It is actually a toned down version of the IFR service. The same can be accessed independtly from IFR too, if you want to go that way.

@Pip
Pretty much aware on VSA. Thanks for the info though, I have been using the MT4 volume on FXDD to get my volume data which I think suffices.

Last edited:
hey pipshower,

Happy trading,
Nik.
Vicky has answered the question already ..
Just adding to that somethings do cost money ...
You mus know which one is right to be paying..
Thats it..

Nik
The level 2 info on FXCM is using their properiatory news plugin. It is actually a toned down version of the IFR service. The service from IFR can be accessed independtly from IFR too, if you want to go that way.

@Pip
Pretty much aware on VSA. Thanks for the info though, I have been using the MT4 volume on FXDD to get my volume data which I think suffices.
Actually its matter of the ones own experience ..
You know we cant debate on things ..why? because its like coin .. Everything has two sides ..Look around u ..in real life too..
There are thousands of trading system there , one makes money other doesnt ..So that doesnt mean thats bad or good..
I believe in doing that fits ones personality ..
Answer to most of our questions lies in us ...
Well sorry for rambling ..
Nice to have you here ..
How long u been trading forex?
Keep enriching everyone with your opinions and experience..:clap:

Regards
Pipshower

vicky_ag

Actually its matter of the ones own experience ..
You know we cant debate on things ..why? because its like coin .. Everything has two sides ..Look around u ..in real life too..
There are thousands of trading system there , one makes money other doesnt ..So that doesnt mean thats bad or good..
I believe in doing that fits ones personality ..
Answer to most of our questions lies in us ...
Well sorry for rambling ..
Nice to have you here ..
How long u been trading forex?
Keep enriching everyone with your opinions and experience..:clap:

Regards
Pipshower
Pip, I used to trade fx previously, after which I moved to try my mojo on F&O on NSE. It was a disaster and now have been again practicing on demo for quite sometime before taking my foray into real money trading.

BTW, I was one of the posters on ur "helping" thread when I joined in. :)

vicky_ag

IFR or "IFR forex watch" is news and market info from Thomson Financial's. The same info which is available on the FXCM news plugin but can be viewed through the browser without need to install anything.
Niksos, forgot to add here that though level 2 data might look savoury, they are not. The bigger orders are iceberg orders which mean that only a part of the order size is displayed at a point of time and the rest is hidden. This gives a bit of confusing and unfulfilling info on level 2 data