Free data from NSENOW to AmiBroker via Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Free data from NSENOW to AmiBroker via Excel(please Help!!)

hello Josh, Pelase Help!!

I was using this application for last few days it was working OK.since today when I click start sheet, error is displayed-"Run-time error-
2147023582(80079522):
MthodCreatTxtFile of obejctIFilSystem3 failed
"

The debug view is like this:

Sub MakeCSV()
Dim fs As Object, a As Object, i As Integer, s As String, t As String, CellValue As String
'Create a file object for writing
Set fs = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
'Set a as C:\Mycsv.csv, True means overwrite on old file
Set a = fs.CreateTextFile("c:\MyCSV.csv", True)
Application.Goto Workbooks("NSE-NOW-RT2.xlsm").Sheets("Now").Range("A1:A1") 'Selects sheet containing quotations

I dont know programming.Pl help.

thanks
regards
PKJ

josh1

HI josh1
I have been following ur thread since its start & I would say u have done a really commendable job here. Hats off to you!!!:clap:
Aside, I have been having problem with my amibroker lately. It used to run fine as instructed by you but two days back it stopped & now ami doesnt import the data & says "you need to import data to display charts".
Further, when i open my csv file it gives error Runtime error 70, permission denied. Debugging points to "Set a = fs.CreateTextFile("d:\RT\MyCSV.csv", True)".
Kindly help asap. I hope to see the charts before market opens on Monday.:confused:
Sorry, I could not answer yesterday. Your system is not allowing you to create csv file. You have changed the line in code from this-
"Set a = fs.CreateTextFile("C:\RT\MyCSV.csv", True)"
to this- "Set a = fs.CreateTextFile("d:\RT\MyCSV.csv", True)". You will have to replace"C:\RT\MyCSV.csv" every where in code.
Probably, the folder RT does not exist on your "D" drive. Create it.
There is another line above it, that is- "mkdir C:\RT"
change it to- "mkdir d:\RT"

Last edited:

josh1

Josh sir,

soory for all the trouble, The mistake i was making is that the data table from the nest is the dd-mm-yyyy and the format required in backfill.xls is mm-dd-yyyy. The I finaly figured out. But how do I change the format in the data table

I intent to ask zerodha on monday
Sorry for late reply. There is no need to ask Zerodha and you don't have to change format in data table. You have to change $FORMAT line in Nest.format file to reflect date format.
Open NOWBackfil. Select and Delete the columns from A to H manually.
copy/paste the data from Nest to NowBackfill. Delete the extra columns after volume manually.
Click on backfill. Check whether it is happening or not.
If not, check whether date splitting happens. If not, you will have to do it manually for time being and do backfill again.
If it does not happen, open NOWBafill.csv and check date format. If it is dd-mm-yyyy, open Nest.format file and go to $FORMAT line.
Change "Date_MDY" to "Date_DMY". backfill will be done.

Last edited:

josh1

Re: Free data from NSENOW to AmiBroker via Excel(please Help!!)

hello Josh, Pelase Help!!

I was using this application for last few days it was working OK.since today when I click start sheet, error is displayed-"Run-time error-
2147023582(80079522):
MthodCreatTxtFile of obejctIFilSystem3 failed
"

The debug view is like this:

Sub MakeCSV()
Dim fs As Object, a As Object, i As Integer, s As String, t As String, CellValue As String
'Create a file object for writing
Set fs = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
'Set a as C:\Mycsv.csv, True means overwrite on old file
Set a = fs.CreateTextFile("c:\MyCSV.csv", True)
Application.Goto Workbooks("NSE-NOW-RT2.xlsm").Sheets("Now").Range("A1:A1") 'Selects sheet containing quotations

I dont know programming.Pl help.

thanks
regards
PKJ
Windows is not allowing you to create file c:\MyCSV.csv. Find and replace "c:\MyCSV.csv" wherever it is in the code with "c:\RT\MyCSV.csv". Create folder "RT" under your "C" drive. Then start.
It will be better if you download NSE-NOW-RT2.1.xlsm and use it.

Josh Sir,
Very nice utility indeed..thanks for this :thumb:
One question, Is it possible to get the RT data from Now into Ascii txt file instead of Excel ? or If that is not possible then is it possible to get Rt Data from Excel into Ascii text file ?

josh1

Josh Sir,
Very nice utility indeed..thanks for this :thumb:
One question, Is it possible to get the RT data from Now into Ascii txt file instead of Excel ? or If that is not possible then is it possible to get Rt Data from Excel into Ascii text file ?
P299

What is it that you want to do?
In this utility, data is actually travelling from NOW->Excel->Mycsv.csv->AmiBroker. MyCSV.csv is actually a comma separated text file.

Hi josh1
I have no prob with rt2 But if I use rt2.1 i have prob updating,rt2.1 working well c:\rt\mycsv.csv also got created but data not updating wat can i do bro
:)

josh1

Hi josh1
I have no prob with rt2 But if I use rt2.1 i have prob updating,rt2.1 working well c:\rt\mycsv.csv also got created but data not updating wat can i do bro
:)
Sikandar,

Are you getting live feed into excel? Your will have to recreate all links to the csv file created by Angel ODIN. If you have done that, compare the date format in MyCSV.csv with $FORMAT line of NSENOW2.format. They should match.

SIR

I HAVE ODIN DIET. It has generate arbitrage excell file for live data into excell sheet. Please guide me how can i change this excell sheet to use your technique to import live data into amibroker. please look this matter and guide me step by step. Please spare your valuable time for me.

Thanks

josh1

SIR

I HAVE ODIN DIET. It has generate arbitrage excell file for live data into excell sheet. Please guide me how can i change this excell sheet to use your technique to import live data into amibroker. please look this matter and guide me step by step. Please spare your valuable time for me.

Thanks
Pra,

Please follow the instructions given to Sikandar in #34 and #120 of this thread. Let me know if you get stuck anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.