Free data from NSENOW to AmiBroker via Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sikandar,

Are you getting live feed into excel? Your will have to recreate all links to the csv file created by Angel ODIN. If you have done that, compare the date format in MyCSV.csv with $FORMAT line of NSENOW2.format. They should match.
Hi josh1
I dnloaded new rt2.1 and it working very well as of now,thanks bro

SIR

I HAVE ODIN DIET. It has generate arbitrage excell file for live data into excell sheet. Please guide me how can i change this excell sheet to use your technique to import live data into amibroker. please look this matter and guide me step by step. Please spare your valuable time for me.

Thanks
hi pra
if you have tv pm me un pw, may be i can help you

josh1

hi pra
if you have tv pm me un pw, may be i can help you
Hi Sikandar,

I do not understand difference between your ODIN and SR114's ODIN. If you can get live feed why can't he? If this utility can get data from ODIN, we can start a new thread for everybody's benefit. I have already included Yahoo feed in this. It is working well for Spot NIFTY. Other scrips are 15 minute delayed in Yahoo. They are uselell for intra day.

Hi Sikandar,

I do not understand difference between your ODIN and SR114's ODIN. If you can get live feed why can't he? If this utility can get data from ODIN, we can start a new thread for everybody's benefit. I have already included Yahoo feed in this. It is working well for Spot NIFTY. Other scrips are 15 minute delayed in Yahoo. They are uselell for intra day.
My odin diet is provided by angel and it is 10.0.0.2
and rt2.1 working very well from my side.

sr114

Josh1,
actually it was Diet ODIN ver 10.0.0.1, which do not have the capability of Open to Excel. whenever you migrate to ver 10.0.02 9 of whichever broker may be), the option is activated. so ver 10.0.0.2 will be fine for rt data fetching

regards
sr

Sorry, I could not answer yesterday. Your system is not allowing you to create csv file. You have changed the line in code from this-
"Set a = fs.CreateTextFile("C:\RT\MyCSV.csv", True)"
to this- "Set a = fs.CreateTextFile("d:\RT\MyCSV.csv", True)". You will have to replace"C:\RT\MyCSV.csv" every where in code.
Probably, the folder RT does not exist on your "D" drive. Create it.
There is another line above it, that is- "mkdir C:\RT"
change it to- "mkdir d:\RT"
Thanks Josh,
Been away for a wedding.Tried your suggestion today.Created the RT folder & added it to the file path & the problem resolved.Thanks again for that.
But Still having another problem ,the charts are not showing in AB.Dont know how to go about it.Kindly advice me.
Thanks
regards
PKJee

josh1

Thanks Josh,
Been away for a wedding.Tried your suggestion today.Created the RT folder & added it to the file path & the problem resolved.Thanks again for that.
But Still having another problem ,the charts are not showing in AB.Dont know how to go about it.Kindly advice me.
Thanks
regards
PKJee
dr.pkjee
You have to give file path at two places in Module1.
1.In MakeCSV subroutine where we create the file. You seem to have done that. 2. In CallAmiBroker subroutine, there is a line :- FileName = "C:\MyCSV.csv". This should be changed to - FileName = "C:\RT\MyCSV.csv".
These things are taken care of in NSE-NOW-RT2.1. If you download that, it will run out of the box.
If you still do not get feed in AmiBroker, then the date format may not be matching. Open MyCSV.csv file in notepad and see the date format dd/mm/yyyy of mm/dd/yyyy. After that, open the NSENOW2.format file which is in the formats folder under AmiBroker. Check the $FORMAT line. The first field is DATE_MDY. If your date is in dd/mm/yyyy format, change this to DATE_DMY.

Last edited:
Hi josh
Thanks a lot for wonderful utility,
I have a problem in importing data in Excel, while linking Market watch a message appears "Scrip RTD attribute is not licensed".
Could you solve this problem or have to contact broker (Passion Commodity). I am using Nest Trader.
Regards
Vikas

josh1

Hi josh
Thanks a lot for wonderful utility,
I have a problem in importing data in Excel, while linking Market watch a message appears "Scrip RTD attribute is not licensed".
Could you solve this problem or have to contact broker (Passion Commodity). I am using Nest Trader.
Regards
Vikas
Yes. Tell your broker to enable RTD attribute for your account. Thereafter data can be imported in Excel.

Status
Not open for further replies.