General Trading Chat

TraderRavi

low risk profile
market Experts giving interviews => 7200 or less possible
wat about 100000 sensex in five years of Modi , 1 year already over :D
kahin upar ke bajay niche na chala jaye , if world market crash , sitting on all time highs, like 2008.

Last edited:
I was wondering if I should. I have my SIPs. but I also have about a couple of lacs which I was hesitant to do lumpsum in equity based mutual funds so put them in Liquid for now.

Would you suggest I switch..atleast partially to equity?
If you are convinced that India is going to grow in next 4-5 years then you must be in equities or equity mutual funds.I am putting extra cash to work in dips and down moves like we had today. No body can catch the exact bottom of this down move ( it is not necessary also to catch it to make money) ...it could be 50/100/200 points away from now but these levels are good to start putting in extra money in equity mutual funds.

But the economic growth indicators will not look up for next 3-4 months..but soon after that they will start looking up taking the markets also up with them.

Smart_trade

Dear ST,

Please suggest some good Mutual Funds to buy.
For Tax saving ELSS Fund I am investing in Reliance Tax Saver.

Other funds I invest every month are as under :

1) Franklin India Bluechip Fund

2) Birla Sunlife Top 100 Fund

3) Birla Sunlife Long Term Advantage Fund

4) HDFC Small and Midcap Fund

5) Franklin India Prima Plus

This was my list last year and I am continuing the same, I might change a few soon.

You can make your own study of good performing funds for last 3/5/10 years and invest in them.

Smart_trade

market Experts => 7200 or less possible
wat about 100000 sensex in five years of Modi , 1 year already over :D
kahin upar ke bajay niche na chala jaye like 2008.
It is not prudent to decide levels for market ..... 7200 .... 100000 ...whatever.

Market will decide for itself .... let the downward momentum halt first ... whenever .... and at whatever level that happens.

YES ... markets is about earnings & liquidity. Ultimately earnings (or visibility of earning) have to be there to support valuation.

... Presently some amount of flight of foreign capital was visible from Indian equity towards Global Commodities (CRUDE) .... maybe smart money is sensing that crude may have bottomed out.

BUT

Present market is not (yet) exactly like 2008. That much exuberance has .. so far ... not built up .... so ... that's still some distance away.

If you are convinced that India is going to grow in next 4-5 years then you must be in equities or equity mutual funds.I am putting extra cash to work in dips and down moves like we had today. No body can catch the exact bottom of this down move ( it is not necessary also to catch it to make money) ...it could be 50/100/200 points away from now but these levels are good to start putting in extra money in equity mutual funds.

But the economic growth indicators will not look up for next 3-4 months..but soon after that they will start looking up taking the markets also up with them.

Smart_trade
I am. In fact that's why I am doing some SIPs for my daughters minor folio into ELSS schemes in spite of the 3 year loop for each sip, just so that I won't be tempted to use them.

L&T India Value Fund
Franklin Templeton primus plus
Axis Long Term Equity
Mirae India opportunities fund
Tata balanced fund
BNP Paribus Mid Cap fund.
Tata liquid fund

I know am a bit top heavy so need to find a couple of mid/small cap. Especially for the kids as the horizon is a min 10+ years.