General Trading Chat

Da, Thanks a lot. one more doubt please. How do you view holding positionals over weekends and holidays?
If the trend is strong and the position is already in good profit,then we have to hold it over weekends and holidays as the margin of safety is there. But if the trend is just reversing and the position has not moved in profit then I don't hold as margin of safety is not there.

ST

I have booked profits in my long positions as after a good day,nifty future was unable to make any progress today.No short trade yet.Bias is still bullish.

ST
Hi ST Da, you mean when nifty could not cross 8650 range after more than 3 attempts you closed the positions.
In such situation I face issue in selecting the price to exit. Do you wait for the small time frame like 3 or 5 min to get to high and exit? Do you use market rate for exit, my experience was bad and always miss the limit price and end up with market price order?

XRAY27

Bro, just a reminder for whenever you find the time.
Bhai !!!

It requires lot of time to run a thread from basic to advanced level.. anyways if you are eager to learn then go through,

Steidlmayer on Markets: Trading with Market Profile

Markets in Profile: Profiting from the Auction Process

Market Profile is another way of looking markets and acts as filter,it is not a trading system, generally its suits for D and S and pivot school of trading with later is not much effective with this,but for swing trading VP (Volume profile) is best IMO

Will start once i can spare the time for this big task !!! :)

Last edited: