General Trading Chat

lemondew

good time to be brokers. My broker friend just told me they are enjoying it. Many people have got into equities now and the discussion is now on how good it is to buy 3-4 Rs stocks and then sell it back at 5 Rs making it 25-30% in 2-3 weeks. And how good his brokers is in finding stocks which gives good returns.

TradeJoker

ye Baba Adam ke jaamne ke CA and IT walo ko kuch nahi pta... idhar online wale CA se madad le lo
Bro, most people FnO trading is done in secrect, very few considered it as a business, even most of the broking firms hide the tax rules from clients, after loss nobody interested in auditing etc. :D

deba72

good time to be brokers. My broker friend just told me they are enjoying it. Many people have got into equities now and the discussion is now on how good it is to buy 3-4 Rs stocks and then sell it back at 5 Rs making it 25-30% in 2-3 weeks. And how good his brokers is in finding stocks which gives good returns.
This is a myth. Cash market volumes have not increased in last 10 years. Check the average daily volume in 2007-2008 and check what it is now. Then adjust with time value of money..the details would be clear. Many brokers have shut down / scaled down or diversified into other revenue streams..Like other products, PMS,Real estate broking, AMC etc etc.. and one of the main source of income is the interest income accrued from funding margin positions....

Its sad that even after so many years, we have failed to develop the 'equity culture'....

TracerBullet

Da, my CA only knows to manage salary and FD or mutual fund, he has no clue about trading, I tried talking to him, but he has no idea.
1) Why not try zerodha initiative? They had some tie up for this, can use them even if you dont use zerodha

2) If audit is not needed, can file yourself. We have nicer java tool now. This is good read for capital gains / carry forward stuff but you may need to search more.

For business income ( ie trading income ), we have to fill Balance Sheet and Business P&L tabs

Balance Sheet - i only fill "Amount of cash Balance" = balance in Zerodha account on 31 March. Rest keep 0. We only need to fill the no audit case at bottom

P&L - You need to calculate - turnover, gross profits and net profit after taking expense out. So just 4 things for no audit case.

This is lot of work to do first time if we include MF, carry forward etc. But after doing once, it gets easier next time - make notes / screenshots as reference. I first collect all data and put it down in excel and then fill ITR. There is thread in TJ to ask tax questions and few CAs do help ( can also use them as CA instead of zerodha stuff )

TradeJoker

This is a myth. Cash market volumes have not increased in last 10 years. Check the average daily volume in 2007-2008 and check what it is now. Then adjust with time value of money..the details would be clear. Many brokers have shut down / scaled down or diversified into other revenue streams..Like other products, PMS,Real estate broking, AMC etc etc.. and one of the main source of income is the interest income accrued from funding margin positions....

Its sad that even after so many years, we have failed to develop the 'equity culture'....

But , who knows , May b coming next 10 years are good for equities

vikas2131

Poverty...farmer suicides home and water issues aaj tak nahi theek ho pa rahe ha... equity culture well....its not even on radar...