General Trading Chat

Calculate the STT , it's more than , internet and electricity bills, I think that's enough for government:D
STT is not considered as tax credit now.It is allowed as an expense but our broker contracts already deduct the same so no further benefit to us.

ST

I have an AFL code for SuperTrend

I want to change the parameters- PERIOD & MULTIPLIER.
Can anyone tell when what to search for in the code so that I can replace with my own numbers.

Thanks

deba72

Calculate the STT , it's more than , internet and electricity bills, I think that's enough for government:D
In the world, there is no tax like STT / CTT...and we have it India.. jahan kam karne ka tax hota hai !

But another big big grey area is the stamp duty charges which are being collected by the brokers at various rates using various philosophies.. Some using residence address of the trader and others are using their registered office address for calculating the stamp duties. Whatever is the method, do we have any clarification / transparencies that these taxes, deducted from us, are actually being deposited to the respective state governments ? Yes, some deposits are surely happening, but the state governments have no mechanism to verify the amount of tax liabilities of the brokers because they simply don't have clientwise trade details data. This is the data which is used by exchanges to keep a tab on STT / CTT... Exchanges collect STT / CTT from brokers and then pay it to the Government...

Who is keeping the count on the stamp duties collected and deposited figure ?

Possibly, no one......

We have to find ways if our profits are more than Rs 4 L because for 2.5 L + 1.5 L 80 C there is no tax on 4 L profits.

Hint is have more tax files in the family,start a HUF, claim more expenses, claim deductions in all the files ......use your imagination.

One very senior professional ( not in trading field and he was in max tax slab )once told me never hide any income as hiding income is a crime. But claim expenses and deductions...so if expenses are disallowed, it is NOT A CRIME..so ITO cannot put any penalty on you , he will at the most disallow some expenses and make you pay some more tax....

Smart_trade
ST Sir,

Thanks for the interesting advice. :)

One question: Prior to trading, were you an business man or dabbled in business since you seem to have firm knowledge of taxation matters?

TradeJoker

I've a doubt, if fno trading is considered as a business income, why the loss is not allowed to carry forwarded to other business? It's still categorised in horse race and lottery? Read, Exceptions of inter source adjustment.

wisp

I've a doubt, if fno trading is considered as a business income, why the loss is not allowed to carry forwarded to other business? It's still categorised in horse race and lottery? Read, Exceptions of inter source adjustment.
bro, do you consider trading gambling? If yes, how come you are still trading?