General Trading Chat

travi

Guys, whenever I tell someone that I'm a trader in capital market, they ask "Do you run a bolt "? and my usual answer is "No, I trade for myself with my own capital".
I been asked this several times, mostly by people who don't know much about markets. I never tried to find out what it meant.I am assuming they mean by people who are sub-brokers and those who trade on behalf of other's money in return of some fixed percent returns?
Am I right ? Koi is mystery ko solve koro pls:lol:
Tell them you do "Share market business" and then see the reactions :rofl::rofl:

vijkris

Learner and Follower
Tell them you do "Share market business" and then see the reactions :rofl::rofl:
bhai, i told once.. He asked me the market's address. :rofl::rofl:
He was thinking like vegetable market.

I told mumbai and everything is done online.. He gave a confused look and didn ask further questions.. :lol:

St sir told abt bolt, then only i came to know now.. hehe. That means those who r asking u they are very knowledgeable... Most ppl i met they know only about brokers..
Earlier BSE terminal used to be called bolt terminal and NSE terminal used to be called NEAT terminal.Present day NOW OF NSE is NEAT On Web.I have traded on both BOLT and NEAT terminals.CTCL and internet terminals came later.

ST

bhai, i told once.. He asked me the market's address. :rofl::rofl:
He was thinking like vegetable market.

I told mumbai and everything is done online.. He gave a confused look and didn ask further questions.. :lol:
You tell them that you work in a company which has Rs 1,50,000 crores turnover per day...and then see the reaction.

ST

Sunnyraj

ST sir, what are your views on such people, who trade on other's capital, and offer them fixed percentage.

I have come across 2-3 such people in my city, one went bust, he took big amount from people on commitment of 7% per month. I mean is that a joke??

There are some who are accepting money in cash and even making contracts. And most of the people giving money, they don't know how market functions, unko to bas per month 5-10% returns dikhta hai :lol:

headstrong007

----- Full-Time ----- Day-Trader
Any option trader can tell the genuine yearly turnover(call-put+strikes)...as own company turnover.. they would be faint soon..:lol:

ST sir, what are your views on such people, who trade on other's capital, and offer them fixed percentage.

I have come across 2-3 such people in my city, one went bust, he took big amount from people on commitment of 7% per month. I mean is that a joke??

There are some who are accepting money in cash and even making contracts. And most of the people giving money, they don't know how market functions, unko to bas per month 5-10% returns dikhta hai :lol:
A sharekhan broker once was showing me his register of people who had signed for 3 % per month return.. was saying.. "ye paise jama karte hai aur mast return le jate hai..koi sir dard nahi, aap bhi kar lo" .... i said "hmmm, good" and went out :lol::lol:

Rate cut is almost a given. Question is how much he going to cut. Token 25 bps point will not matter much.
bhayi i made this mistake of assuming that rate cut is almost certain last time, nothing should be taken as "given" in markets...yaha kuch bhi ho sakta hai..

but one thing is that biggest moves happen when things happen opposite to what majority is expecting.

Let me tell you few facts.I am in this business for very long time and every year I come across 3-4 Market wizards who tell me that they manage other people's accounts and give them 7-10 % per month either in futures or commodities.Such wizards grow in bull market mainly.....if anyone can make that return on large capital do you think that guy will have time and need to talk to us ?? Entire Wall Street and hedge funds will stand in line in front of his house to hire him with a billion dollar package.

Some of my friends lost 3-5 Lakhs inspite of telling them the facts.These guys take huge leverage and pay 7% per month,not necessarily out of profits but sometimes drawing out of capital and eventually they get stuck up in a bad trade and loose the capital.....then they will ask to top up the account for recovering the loss....throwing good money after bad.....:)One guy who comes on TV manages funds and my friend lost 5 lacs as he was treading 2000-2500 nifty on Rs 5 Lakhs capital .

No one can make such returns consistently for many years,if he can, he will have his own funds in few Cr of his own capital and he will be the wealthiest person in the country in less than 10 years.

Mostly it is a con game and chances of success are very thin.If this return was possible,Bajaj Auto will not take troubles of making and selling motor cycles ,they will hire few such guys and make hundreds of crores....

Smart_trade