General Trading Chat

I never knew these guys had it. Thank you for informing us :up::up:

I tried logging into kite. It keeps asking for a TOTP from the kite app :madi: The useless f&*^% don't send TOTP by sms?? :madi:

Nuvama doesn't have BSE fo either. What about Finvasia?
You can set up the 2FA from google authenticator app , its useful for all the apps and this 2FA is mandate by the SEBI

Verde

Read the first post before answering about something completely different.

My question was why zerodha cannot send the TOTP by sms when other brokers are doing it, not about OTP, STP, XTP, etc.

You can set up the 2FA from google authenticator app , its useful for all the apps and this 2FA is mandate by the SEBI
Another post unrelated to the question. I've not said or asked anything about 2FA or ABC or XYZ.

My only question is why 0dha is not offering the option to send the TOTP by sms.
Nothing else

Update- I just found out that Finvasia sends the TOTP by sms even now.

My question was why zerodha cannot send the TOTP by sms when other brokers are doing it, not about OTP, STP, XTP, etc.

Another post unrelated to the question. I've not said or asked anything about 2FA or ABC or XYZ.

My only question is why 0dha is not offering the option to send the TOTP by sms.
Nothing else
M telling you above because TOTP can not be sent through SMS, it's not like normal OTP. Anyways Can u please let me know the brokers who send the TOTP through SMS's (because if it is so then ye to mere liye bhi new hoga )

Verde

M telling you above because TOTP can not be sent through SMS, it's not like normal OTP. Anyways Can u please let me know the brokers who send the TOTP through SMS's (because if it is so then ye to mere liye bhi new hoga )
Who cares whether it is TOTP or OTP? The point is that it does away with needing the authenticator.

When logging in to Finvasia, tick the box saying - I do not have access to ........blah blah blah, then click the button

They will send it by sms and email.

If I remember right, there was an option to get OTP via text/email when we don't have access to Kite app OTP and not have set up any other authenticator. I don't know what's the case now, I don't have access to Zerodha account now to try. Raise a ticket, they will let you know how you can get OTP via text/email.

Who cares whether it is TOTP or OTP? The point is that it does away with needing the authenticator.

When logging in to Finvasia, tick the box saying - I do not have access to ........blah blah blah, then click the button

They will send it by SMS and email.

Nothing else

Brother then am sure u must be mistaken, because I am currently using Finvasia and they don't have a TOTP facility through SMS,i cross-checked with there CS too, it's an OTP only which will come via sms/email.

That i totally agree with you that TOTP should come by sms/email to avoid that hustle of authenticator and ol..
but its alright until its for 2FA security purposes by exchange