General Trading Chat

TP bhai, there is only 1 nav released every working day so you cant plot candle charts but you will get line charts.

If you download data using something like Josh bhai's ABCD utility and use charting tool, then you can apply indicators to it.
Not exactly sure which broker provides MF data in their charting platform, all seem to just plot simple charts and maybe compare like moneycontrol etc.
Right, I missed that. No OHLC, only one value.

Still, none shows a different colored line for up or down days, and the scale is sooooooo small. 10.79 today, 10.82 yesterday, maybe 10.78 tomorrow. Visually, I seem to miss whether it is closing up or down :(

So what kind of indicators can one have on this price action ?

I think that I would like to buy on a down day and wait on an up day, for the desirable funds.

Groww app does show 1day change and we can sort the list on that field. That is a big help.

Edit : Colored volume bars ? Maybe a histogram ?

travi

Right, I missed that. No OHLC, only one value.

Still, none shows a different colored line for up or down days, and the scale is sooooooo small. 10.79 today, 10.82 yesterday, maybe 10.78 tomorrow. Visually, I seem to miss whether it is closing up or down :(

So what kind of indicators can one have on this price action ?

I think that I would like to buy on a down day and wait on an up day, for the desirable funds.

Groww app does show 1day change and we can sort the list on that field. That is a big help.

Edit : Colored volume bars ? Maybe a histogram ?
they dont release volume so no histogram.

The only way i can think of is using data in charting tool and then working on it

Nish

Guys, from where can I get Tradingview type of charts for mutual funds.

Most of the websites today give simple line / area charts and on the whole are quite primitive.
Do;nt know, if diiferent chart features in Excell can be of any help to you, by inputing or importing MF data somehow.
N.B.: No idea, where MF data is avaiable for importing !

Banknifty 15 min : That 2:15 candle is a gravestone doji.

Standalone, it signifies exhaustion and a reversal.

In combination, it may be forming what is called "on neck" pattern for bullish continuation. But no literature says anything about "bullish" on neck. I have only seen it described for bearish continuation (a combination of a fat red candle with a hanging man).

1699261599238.png

As you plan and save for retirement, keep in mind not just the standards for retirement benefits, but also how time is affected by your particular financial condition.

To fine-tune your retirement timeline, consider the following questions:

• When do you wish to retire, and are your funds in order to achieve this goal?
• Do you plan to work or volunteer after retiring?
• Will you have dependents to support after you retire?
• Does your current retirement plan cover unexpected expenses?

If not, how much will you have to budget for?

#hook
Screenshot from 2023-11-07 13-43-38.png

Last edited by a moderator: