General Trading Chat

Banknifty CEs are trading at par or discount, but the PEs are at a premium. I wonder if it is going down further.

@Raj232 , check this : Banknifty spot = 47160, so the fair value of 47300 PE is 140, but it is going at around 200 i.e 60 Rs. premium.

1708498643196.png

Now see this : Banknifty spot = 47140, and Banknifty CE 46900 fair price is about 240. That's is where it is trading, so it is at par. If trades below 240, then it would be called discount.

1708498783746.png

Verde

Banknifty CEs are trading at par or discount, but the PEs are at a premium. I wonder if it is going down further.

@Raj232 , check this : Banknifty spot = 47160, so the fair value of 47300 PE is 140, but it is going at around 200 i.e 60 Rs. premium.

Now see this : Banknifty spot = 47140, and Banknifty CE 46900 fair price is about 240. That's is where it is trading, so it is at par. If trades below 240, then it would be called discount.
The 60 premium is time value + supply and demand. The market thinks that puts will increase so jack up the price. :eekk:

Raj232

Thanks @timepass .. This is a good finding especially on expiry day. If it is really working out, it can only fill one's pocket ;)
Thanks for the explanation :up::up:

Had you taken the PE which was trading around Rs 80/- it zoomed up to Rs 280/-

Last edited:
Thanks @timepass .. This is a good finding especially on expiry day. If it is really working out, it can only fill one's pocket ;)
Thanks for the explanation :up::up:

Had you taken the PE which was trading around Rs 80/- it zoomed up to Rs 280/-
I didn't trade it. As I said, I am not sure what to make of it.

Also, I have neither the patience nor the guts to trade this :D

Did make a bit of money in the CEs today (47200 earlier in the session), then just sat out rest of the time.