General Trading Chat

Raj232

What are the 3 black lines?

Did you check Sensex options? Normally they move much faster :pp:eekk::DD
thats a basic moving average.. known as moving average channel in 0dha

Yes sensex options would move more but didnt capture those charts.

sitting in the USA u can trade tesla, nvidia crypto etc without issues. here we have to stick to sensex nifty finnifty banknifty and midcpnifty

N50

Should move for 22275/300 levels now

ltp 22170
Personally I think that the Jan high of 22126 is a fight club now. 1-1.5% on either side would simply be the chop zone, not indicating any trend.

Just my opinion.

My allotment for Parag Parikh Dynamic Asset Allocation came through today. It should be listed later this week.

Let's see how the dynamic asset fund performs in uncertain times.

I have opted for monthly dividend option.

travi

Today is a day to remember, very huge number of 0DTE option sellers seem to have gone to the cleaners when SL was jumped on PE side.
The number of posts on SM just seem to be piling up.

It is very easy to start algo that opens positions gradually, ppl should understand low liquidity issues when positions jump out of the window.

context: Midcpnifty on many PE strikes, 11000PE is example.

Today is a day to remember, very huge number of 0DTE option sellers seem to have gone to the cleaners when SL was jumped on PE side.
The number of posts on SM just seem to be piling up.

It is very easy to start algo that opens positions gradually, ppl should understand low liquidity issues when positions jump out of the window.
Thanks. But it's all Greek and Latin to me. Wish a "for dummies" explanation please :)

travi

Thanks. But it's all Greek and Latin to me. Wish a "for dummies" explanation please :)
1708961166819.png

see the injection, was apparently on many PE strikes

There is great thought that 0DTE meaning trading expiry for current day has very small risk compared to overnight risk.
So many ppl are selling OTM or ATM straddles/strangles to capture options decay.

Some call it hunter algo, some call it liquidity issue etc but there are huge spikes in prices that are killing option sellers. SLs are getting jumped. You can put SL, but if no one fills at that price, you'll get a higher fill implying bigger loss.

Last edited:
View attachment 50461

see the injection, was apparently on many PE strikes

There is great thought that 0DTE meaning trading expiry for current day has very small risk compared to overnight risk.
So many ppl are selling OTM or ATM straddles/strangles to capture options decay.

Some call it hunter algo, some call it liquidity issue etc but there are huge spikes in prices that are killing option sellers. SLs are getting jumped. You can put SL, but if no one fills at that price, you'll get a higher fill implying bigger loss.
Thanks. Yes, I have often noticed such freak prices in the options. Will post it here when I see it next. Hope someone will interpret it for everyone's benefit.

Edit : https://www.google.com/search?q=0dt...CDY5MTlqMGo3qAIAsAIA&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8