How to get Intraday Quotes using Medved Quotetracker for FREE

Gentleman,
I was in search for Real Time Data and just you clicked me about Medved Quotetraker. As per your Instructions in .pdf attachment file, i had downloaded Medved Quotetraker, but during setting Data Source/Proxy Settings in OPTIONS, there is no name of our (Indian) Nse India Realtime FREE, and hense can't set the server. Hope u will immediate reply for the problem.

My e-mail id is [email protected]

Thanks in Advance
Haresh Patel

novice1

hareshbhaip said:
Gentleman,
I was in search for Real Time Data and just you clicked me about Medved Quotetraker. As per your Instructions in .pdf attachment file, i had downloaded Medved Quotetraker, but during setting Data Source/Proxy Settings in OPTIONS, there is no name of our (Indian) Nse India Realtime FREE, and hense can't set the server. Hope u will immediate reply for the problem.

My e-mail id is [email protected]

Thanks in Advance
Haresh Patel
Try doing a "Web update" and you should see "NSE (or something similar)" which you can choose

Hope it helps

R

rbsnaidu

novice1 said:
Dear Friends,

It is time I repay my debt to the community. I have learnt so much from this site I thought I would for the benefit of the first time users give step by step instructions on how to setup MedVed QuoteTracker to get the NSE quotes live.

Of course you should be connected to Internet during Market Hours to get the data live.

The enclosed PDF file gives step by step instructions.

For those users who are not yet enabled to view the attachments please provide your email id and I would try and forward the PDF as an email attachment.

Happy viewing and I am ready to take your questions :)

Sekhar S
thanks for your step by instruction. but some times I am facing problem in the data down load from the site. any remedy

murthymsr

novice1 said:
Dear Friends,

It is time I repay my debt to the community. I have learnt so much from this site I thought I would for the benefit of the first time users give step by step instructions on how to setup MedVed QuoteTracker to get the NSE quotes live.

Sekhar S

hi all traderjis,

Firstly i thank novice1 for his contribution to this forum by introducing quote tracker(QT).

encouraged by his step-by step write-up, i have installed the software, and it is running satisfactorily with a few limitations. i share my experiences with fellow members, so that the best can be obtained from the software. i invite others too, to share their experiences for the benifit of all.

i have installed on my old computer (266MHz & 192 MB ram)with win98 os. i feel it is a bit slow & a computer with a minimum speed of 500 MHz & 256 MB Ram may give good performance.

immediately after downloading the software, one has to do 'web update' as this will download the latest configuration files for the stock quotes as well as indices for at least the data sources one is interested. as data sources may revise the data format subsequently also, it is advisable to periodically perform web update, particularly when data stopped coming after some time.

i am able to get nse quotes. but there looks to be a problem with indices from nse site. while searching for other sources of data configured within the software, i found that bloomberg (asia) makes available nifty index as well as bse sensex and the same was selected through options tab of QT.

lastly a visit to the QT web forum may be helpful, as there are a few posts on data related problems of indian stock exchanges through indian data providers like nse as well as walletwatch and hdfcsec. i do not have any experience at present with walletwatch and hdfcsec, but may attempt later as a back-up solution. if anybody have tried them, please share with others. (as hdfcsec is also an on-line broker, trading from within the software may also be possible.)

http://boards.quotetracker.com/board/ubbthreads.php

searching for "quote tracker" in google gave more than 4 million results and at least the first few were enough to get reasonable grip.

i dont know how far i can be of help to others who may have problems, but i will be very happy, if i can be of some help.

to achieve the present level of performance without loosing any nse trading hours, i have used the australian, london and US stock exchanges for my getting acqainted with the software, using codes for the stocks of the respective exchanges.

apologies for errors, if any.

murthymsr