How to trade Commodities - Gold, Silver, Crude Oil, Natural Gas

Easier to Trade - Commodities or Indexes or Stocks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

abhi_neth

How to back test any system in MT 4 Manually ?
Is there any function like bar replay in MT 4?
Use this LFH simulator in the strategy tester window in MT4 to play bar by bar replay

http://w w w.tradingsystemforex.com/scripts-and-other-tools/94-lfh-trading-simulator.html

Originally Posted by uttamkamlesh View Post
Please take my words:

No use in using MCX charts for analysis, AT ALL. It's wrong to get pivot points etc. from MCX data.

Our markets are followers of international markets. Leaders are LME & NYMEX etc. FOLLOW only leaders and they open for 23.5 hrs X 5 days.
Reread posts in this thread for resources etc. It's all there already.

Regarding conversion of $ price to Rupee. Use proportion logic.

Suppose live international price of Gold is $1850 and that of our contract on MCX at the same time(live) is 28000.
Then at $Y international price, MCX price would be(28000/1850) x (Y)

Kamlesh Uttam

Thank you verymuch Kamlesh. It's verymuch helpful to me. Thank you

Vijay

Originally Posted by uttamkamlesh View Post

Regarding conversion of $ price to Rupee. Use proportion logic.

Suppose live international price of Gold is $1850 and that of our contract on MCX at the same time(live) is 28000.
Then at $Y international price, MCX price would be(28000/1850) x (Y)

Kamlesh Uttam

Thank you verymuch Kamlesh. It's verymuch helpful to me. Thank you

Vijay

One more thing needs to be added here.

This calculation may be done everyday as Dollar-Rupee rates are always fluctuating to get more precise value.

I don't trade any of these commodities as of now but it is really heartening when you see someone put up a post like this explaining their system instead of the "Buy XXX at 1234" posts you usually see on the commodities section.

The Stock Market section has a number of people who share their systems with all of Traderji like Saint, linkon7, Tradewithhunter, and AW10 , but in commodities we are sorely lacking.

Keep it up , Sir. Looking forward to more enlightening posts from you.

Hi!,

I am vikas kumar and a journalist with The Sunday Indian newsweekly. I am very much interested in learning commodity trading and technical analysis. I believe in fundamental analysis but i understand the necessity of technical analysis. Please guide me how to start in trading of gold, silver and zink.

Thanks
Vikas Kumar

abhi_neth

GOLD VIEW.................
GOLD ON H-4 CHARTS SEEMS TO HAVE FORMED CUP & HANDLE PATTERN.......UR VIEWS AND COMMENTS ABOUT GOLD FOR MONDAY PLS......

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

CHEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MR
:thumb:
My view for Gold is bearish. 1791 is 61.8% retracement of the previous down move. So there is good chances of reversal from this area. Also, coupled with the fact, that as long as price action remains within 1802.92, which is the high of 08/11 candle, then it will form 123 reversal pattern or letter M on the 4 hrly TF, which is strong reversal pattern. So we have to watch out for good candlestick pattern on 1 hr - 4 hr TF, which may indicate reversal. Initial support will the 4 hr TL. If that is broken on 4 hr TF, then 2nd opportunity will arise for entry during the pullback.

Thx

Last edited:
Kamlesh Sir,

I am learning technical analysis and other indicators (like wolf wave) from your thread & books. I have downloaded wolf wave indicator from somewhere (searched in google). Could u please check this indicator? Is it helpfull or not?

thanks

mdrafi67

GOLD VIEW.................
GOLD ON H-4 CHARTS SEEMS TO HAVE FORMED CUP & HANDLE PATTERN.......UR VIEWS AND COMMENTS ABOUT GOLD FOR MONDAY PLS......

CHEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MR
:thumb:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
GOLD VIEW.....................
AS WRITTEN ON SATURDAY..............

CHEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MR

Status
Not open for further replies.