How to trade with an oscillator

Hi.. Sg Sir,,
Is the above entry is perfect in terms of trendline Break.. or there are any other patterns you see on Stoch..(Apart from +ve Divergence Spotted & then the crossover)

regards

Santosh

Dear ST,
How should we take intraday position when 60 min stoc is in buy sgnl and 15 min stoc is in sell sgnl, 30 min stoc is in sell sgnl, 5min stoc is in sell sgnl , today
Confused ? should I go with 30 and 5 min or taken confirmation from 60 min stoc sgnl.
At your free time please answer.
regards
anjanbm

Dear ST,
How should we take intraday position when 60 min stoc is in buy sgnl and 15 min stoc is in sell sgnl, 30 min stoc is in sell sgnl, 5min stoc is in sell sgnl , today
Confused ? should I go with 30 and 5 min or taken confirmation from 60 min stoc sgnl.
regards
anjanbm
Normally you will find very few instances where 60 min is showing buy and 30 min showing sell . But assuming such situation , it only means that all timeframes trends are not in synchronisation. It means that you may not get a large move so you have to be alert for profit booking and also for reversals.

If you get a sell signal on 5 min and if the same is confirmed by atleast one higher timeframe, you can take that signal.

Also apart from seeing higher timeframe oscillators, see what the price bars are indicating in higher timeframes.

Smart_trade

Anjan, let me drop in with my 2 cents, as any methodological approach will agree with what I'm about to say.

First, I think it is a good thing you are using multiple TF's to confirm your position.
If you got the 5m, 15m, and 30m yielding a sell signal, and the 60m a buy, then you probably have all the little guys ganging up on the big guy. Personally it is a situation I would wait for the lower TF's to play out, then wait for the long entry in accordance with the hourly.
I could post a chart but won't take up room on ST's thread with it, but I could see clearly the EUR/AUD was going to retrace to 1.2547, but it was going to be after I went to bed. So, I set an entry for 1.2540 to affirm I would get into the trade, and it peaked at 1.2544 in my sleep. That was where the hourly and 15m was showing the move UP, but the daily was still pointing south.

The study in this thread is trading with an oscillator. The principle is still the same:
Don't trade against the higher TF when there is an obviation. Let the little guys have their way, then jump in for the ride.

Dear ST,
regards
anjanbm

SavantGarde

As ST put all the things that one should look for in such a rare case....and here is another one more from my side....!!!

Check if different TF Charts are of the same Scrip or not...:D

Sorry ST ...couldn't help...!!!

SG

Normally you will find very few instances where 60 min is showing buy and 30 min showing sell . But assuming such situation , it only means that all timeframes trends are not in synchronisation. It means that you may not get a large move so you have to be alert for profit booking and also for reversals.

If you get a sell signal on 5 min and if the same is confirmed by atleast one higher timeframe, you can take that signal.

Also apart from seeing higher timeframe oscillators, see what the price bars are indicating in higher timeframes.

Smart_trade

SG
This is very important. Reminds me of myself today - looking at 4800CE charts on 5 min and trying to interpret Nifty on 60 min.

As ST put all the things that one should look for in such a rare case....and here is another one more from my side....!!!

Sorry ST ...couldn't help...!!!

SG
Dear SG,
Today there was mixed sgnls on Nifty Futures, 60min buy in the afternoon session and 30, 15 and 5 were on the sell sgns on stochastics.
regards,
anjanbm