How to trade with an oscillator

SavantGarde

Hi Paul,

It is because of the system...!!!

Let me answer it with a question to you...

Commodity Trading closes here at about 11.30 pm which is 2.00 pm U.S. (EST)

Copper will close here in Line with International Prices prevailing at that point of time.... once we have closed and International copper moves on either side by let's assume 1-2% .....What according to you should be the opening price when we open here at 10.00 am next day which is 12.30 am (U.S. EST)...???

SG

Savant, why would the timing of when the market opens have any bearing on your trading decision?

You've answered my question. In other words, current price is 3.4315. So, if international prices have moved 2% up, then the price will be 3.5001, so when your market reopens, there would be a spike in line with the international price hike while your market was closed.

I just learned something through my question and your response. Metal prices in the US do not sleep except on the weekend. In lieu of that, I thought maybe you had a gauge, such as for forex when different times of the day it is more voluminous than other times. So prices are going to move faster at different times.

Thank-you.

Hi Paul,

It is because of the system...!!!

Let me answer it with a question to you...

Commodity Trading closes here at about 11.30 pm which is 2.00 pm U.S. (EST)

Copper will close here in Line with International Prices prevailing at that point of time.... once we have closed and International copper moves on either side by let's assume 1-2% .....What according to you should be the opening price when we open here at 10.00 am next day which is 12.30 am (U.S. EST)...???

SG

SavantGarde

Exactly....Most markets that run 24/5 always have what I call 'Dead Periods' & 'Business As Usual'... it is quite obvious on a smaller TF Charts....!!!

SG

You've answered my question. In other words, current price is 3.4315. So, if international prices have moved 2% up, then the price will be 3.5001, so when your market reopens, there would be a spike in line with the international price hike while your market was closed.

I just learned something through my question and your response. Metal prices in the US do not sleep except on the weekend. In lieu of that, I thought maybe you had a gauge, such as for forex when different times of the day it is more voluminous than other times. So prices are going to move faster at different times.

Thank-you.

There is a nice thing about those "dead periods". It's clear in forex how many of the markets go east on the hourly. After they run east and then the volume picks up again at key times during the day, then the journey will continue in the same direction it was moving before it went east.
Those movements cannot be discerned in a market that is closed during those dead periods. I noticed no the Nifty charts that even though a chart is still a chart, and price direction can still be discerned, the charts still reflect what I call "constant action".

Exactly....Most markets that run 24/5 always have what I call 'Dead Periods' & 'Business As Usual'... it is quite obvious on a smaller TF Charts....!!!

SG