I will HELP You with Anything you ASK in Forex

Status
Not open for further replies.

vicky_ag

in NFA guidelines, if you have a buy position, you cannot open a sell position till you close your buy position

hedging not allowed
No that is not anti-hedging but rather FIFO rule. First in first out. Trades taken first must be closed first.

So, say your long term play is collecting interest differential by doing BUY AUD/USD, there is always a risk of capital depreciation and risk aversion.

So, when risk aversion kicks in you need to do a sell AUD/USD to make up losses in your long term play. In the NFA system you need to close the buy (your First order) which is as good as a Sell AUD/USd in order to open the new sell (of the risk aversion).

FIFO is a standard practice in US equities and futures market.

Why exactly was it done? Many people think it was done to make sure broker houses dint cheat people to overtrade and steal the spread commisions. Truth is far from it , NFA is of the view that FIFO provides more accurate MTM calculations (something many people aren't aware of hence the confusion)

As many of us are dependent on that "high probability" setup to make money, it is inadverently a one way play. So, until unless you are a high flier having two directional play, it is as good as useless to have European broker.

@Yasir, I hope I got it right :)
@Preet, No offence meant while posting here. So, if you need me to remove this I will clean the post.

P

preetksgill

No that is not anti-hedging but rather FIFO rule. First in first out. Trades taken first must be closed first.

So, say your long term play is collecting interest differential by doing BUY AUD/USD, there is always a risk of capital depreciation and risk aversion.

So, when risk aversion kicks in you need to do a sell AUD/USD to make up losses in your long term play. In the NFA system you need to close the buy (your First order) which is as good as a Sell AUD/USd in order to open the new sell (of the risk aversion).

FIFO is a standard practice in US equities and futures market.

Why exactly was it done? Many people think it was done to make sure broker houses dint cheat people to overtrade and steal the spread commisions. Truth is far from it , NFA is of the view that FIFO provides more accurate MTM calculations (something many people aren't aware of hence the confusion)

As many of us are dependent on that "high probability" setup to make money, it is inadverently a one way play. So, until unless you are a high flier having two directional play, it is as good as useless to have European broker.

@Yasir, I hope I got it right :)
@Preet, No offence meant while posting here. So, if you need me to remove this I will clean the post.

FIFO is for closing positions

Hedging is for opening positions in the opposite direction

NFA makes trading forex a pain in the a..

yasirdxb

Re: Lowest Spreads

Oanda has the lowest spreads most of the time. but the spreads wii widen dramatically at times. you'll have to see their min/max chart to know the actual spread at any given time.

still I like em. they are the finset broker as far as I know.7 years of live trading and I cant complain much.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

SavantGarde

Re: Lowest Spreads

PreetKSGill,

Instead Of Starting So Many Threads....Keep The Discussions In A Couple Of Threads...That Way, This Forum Will Be More Organised & Easier For Navigating...

Planning To Merge Some Threads On Sunday, To Reduce The Number Of Threads That You Have Started....Let Me Know If You Have Any Ideas Or Preferences

SavantGarde

Status
Not open for further replies.