Ichimoku Kinko Hyo

SavantGarde

Hi Rishi,

Is It Possible To Overlay One Of Your Already Posted Charts With....

BB 20, STD. Dev.3 & Post It Again Along With All That Is Already There On The Chart.... I Think... I Know Where You Might Be Stumbling.....

Happy & Safer Forex

SavantGarde

ag_fx

well, like i said, i have a limited understanding of ichi but due to my discussion with western world traders...professional traders like hedge fund managers told me that top people do not need ichi or other trading strategies as they MOSTLY work with naked charts or a moving average or RSI / stochastic, divergence or trendlines as they are very experienced with price action.

once the london & US sessions are over, why are markets slow or less volatile ? does the moving averages or rsi/ stoch stop working for japanese people that the markets become less volatile ? japanese follow ichimoku mostly and it is mostly traded on DAILY TIMEFRAMES !!!

whatever wothy strategies you maybe working upon WILL NOT work with all pairs on all timeframes & WILL NOT work for long unless continuous implimentation is done. this is the single most reason why people head for 5 major pairs and trade them in london open/ US open sessions along with strategies which are popular with top banks & institutions as retail traders STILL form a very small fish in this ocean.

once you are very experienced with price action, you do not even need ichimoku. well, on the contrary in japan ichimoku has & will be a CONSISTENTLY FOLLOWED system in their sessions. you may want to read a little about ichimoku ' s history.

if you talk about other traders, in my opinion usually traders avoid ichi whether indian, russian, african or italian because it seems complex to them while it is not.. after thorough understanding & fair practice.
when they can' t even stick to simple set of moving averages, no need to think further that they won' t stick with ichi for a long time either.

i commented ' ichi works well with yen in asian sessions as a belief not only by me but a Japanese trader who happen to be an acquaintance & it made sense because when a lot of people use the SAME METHOD for making their buy & sell decisions CONSISTENTLY throughout the YEAR...price respects those levels. this is why Fibonacci numbers are important because EVERYONE is seeing them.

it' s always enriching reading your posts though & you might very well be right in your standing :thumb:

regards
rishi
You jumped the gun without reading properly what I wrote. I have my disagreements with not one but many of the opinions posted above. However, I will only say that your following statement :

"whatever wothy strategies you maybe working upon WILL NOT work with all pairs on all timeframes & WILL NOT work for long unless continuous implimentation is done. "

is completely mistaken for. Continuous implementation of a strategy with negative expectancy will NEVER EVER make money. PERIOD. There is a lot of hoopla over being consistently following your strategy, but if your strategy does not have a positive expectancy, you will NEVER EVER end up with positive balance in your account, no matter how long you apply your strategy for.

I never said you need strategies to work on ALL PAIRS, I said good strategies and systems works across the ASSET CLASSES and there is a HUUUUUUGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEE difference in what you perceived and what I said. Ichi is one system that I have seen people employing not only for Forex but also for Futures and T-Bonds too and thus I respect it.

This post is not to be taken as against you, but rather some alternate opinion thing.

All the best.

Rkji

Hi Rishi,

Is It Possible To Overlay One Of Your Already Posted Charts With....

BB 20, STD. Dev.3 & Post It Again Along With All That Is Already There On The Chart.... I Think... I Know Where You Might Be Stumbling.....

Happy & Safer Forex

SavantGarde
savant sir, here are the screen shots before & after BB 20, 3

TRADE 1

BEFORE

AFTER

TRADE 2

BEFORE

AFTER

regards
rishi

Last edited:

Rkji

savant sir, here are some more examples of aftereffect of BB 20,3

BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE ( i haven' t taken this trade )

AFTER

regards
rishi

Last edited:

CamelToeJoe

IMO, there should be no more debating whether it works or not.

It's not the tool, it's how you use it and everyone is different.

I can tell you it takes a lot of screen time to master Ichi. Every time you think you know what's going on, there is more information waiting for you to grasp!

Not everyone is going to use Ichimoku the same even though most of us know its basic rules and principals. I love trading 1 and 5 minute charts on futures but so far, I'm leaning more towards 1 hour and 30 minute in forex.

Last edited: