Ichimoku Kinko Hyo

Tavnaz

Hello all again,
Mr Rishi i only use Price action and i'm sure you know what i feel,regarding charts.
I've been working on Ichimoku Kinko Hyo,but i only use daily charts with it cause it gives false signals on smaller time frames.
But number of signals generated also are very few on daily,so it is kind of not present on my chart.
I'm more interested in Use of Kumo as S/R rather then Chikou or tenkan etc.
So Mr Rishi and Camel Toe Sir, Kindly elaborate on the Kumo part so it becomes more clear.
Warm Regards
Tavnaz

CamelToeJoe

EUR/USD

Post from Friday

If price falls below the 9 day 50% retracement, I'm looking to short down to the 26 day. We're working with 52 day resistance and I'm not convinced we're going to push over for support ATM.

Post from Today

ToS (my trading platform) wouldn't allow me to trade this morning but as you can see, price kindly followed the kumo down to the 26 day retracement (red). As mentioned above, entry was below the 9 day retracement (green). Simple trading using Ichimoku.

IMO ichimoku doesn't give false signals. Ichimoku doesn't lie, people do. It takes 1000's of hours of screen time to fully understand it. After such a long time of trading using ichimoku, you begin to develop 'ichi intuition' and this is where your trading is taken to the next level. I don't use ichi signals as exact entries/exits all the time. That's too mechanical. Intuition + signals = profits. I only use price action and ichimoku for trading. I trade on daily, 4hr, 1hr, and 5 minute charts.

What I'm trying to say is that you can't become a ninja just because you have the sword!

Last edited:

CamelToeJoe

Riley (hotstockmarket dot com) shared a code with me to fill in the cloud for TS/KS! I'm loving this. Thanks again Riley. I also switched up my colors and changed chikou span to only show a yellow dash for price action. This gives me an immediate look at chikou span S/R which I really like. The clouds are pastel/neutral in color to help my candlesticks stand out. I trade price action with ichi as my only indicator. A lot my intuition goes into trading on the shorter TF's.

Since I mostly trade intraday, I always draw price levels at all daily ichi indicators as well as flat top/bottom clouds for S/R to help set targets when trading on the 1hr, 30min and 5 min charts.

Last edited:

CamelToeJoe

Hello all again,
Mr Rishi i only use Price action and i'm sure you know what i feel,regarding charts.
I've been working on Ichimoku Kinko Hyo,but i only use daily charts with it cause it gives false signals on smaller time frames.
But number of signals generated also are very few on daily,so it is kind of not present on my chart.
I'm more interested in Use of Kumo as S/R rather then Chikou or tenkan etc.
So Mr Rishi and Camel Toe Sir, Kindly elaborate on the Kumo part so it becomes more clear.
Warm Regards
Tavnaz
This is how I would sum up the kumo very briefly -

18 day 50% retracement (thanks linkon!)
52 day 50% retracement

shifted 26 period into the future.

Simply put, support/resistance.

When price is in the kumo, it represents a range for trading (S/R) and also consolidation. Most longs/shorts occur when both price and TS or KS are out of the cloud. When both TS/KS are still in the kumo, but price it out, it tells me to watch for a pullback to the kumo while price moves back closer to KS. Keep your positions light here and wait for the true breakout.

Tavnaz

Hello Mr CTJ(Camel Toe Sir)
I Thank you very much for your reply.:)
Now i want to know weather the Senkau Span A and Senkau Span B both act as resistance or support or the whole cloud is like one.
Say price is above Kumo and then we have Tenkan and Kijun Crossover Tenkan goes below Kijun then the price will hold its fall just at the top of Kumo's top or dip below it steadfastly.
And why do the crossover in the Kumo are not so good.
Are we looking for signals based on price's location with respect to kumo or the TS or KS wrt to Kumo.
I mean by saying the strong sell or buy signals are generated when price is above Kumo or TS and KS also.
Or TS and KS could be any where but for strong buy signal Price must validate Kumo's top as support.
But how is our first target identified in case of Buy because in sell we know price will fall till Kumo but nothing as such in Buy.
And as we know Ichimoku is a good overall system, so does the move that fosters in price is as a result of mechanical following by people or the crossover are giving clear confluence with the orderflows or pivot zones.
(I hope you understand, because for move to take place the buyers must be buying and sellers must be selling so how does the move exactly lay in accordance with Ichimoku, i am asking this because for proper use of Ichimoku i must know even the basics of things.)

Kindly Elaborate Rishi and Camel Toe Sir.:)
Regards
Tavnaz

Rkji

kumo on steroids (experimental stage)

once chinkou span goes above or below price & price is correspondingly below or above cloud, i am looking at possibilities to trade with nonlagma, it seems to be good for exits as well.

i am still developing a system, so modifications or experiments will be ongoing till i become consistently profitable. they are just meant for my reference & i do not recommend anyone else to risk any real trades on them.