Pakatil,

Just my view :

Holding of any positions should be till either of :

1. Level you are comfortable.
2. 2% of contract value.
3. 2% of capital.
4. Next/critical SR level.

As far as Nifty is concerned, technically :

1. Next resistance is 5,573 which is also 50% fibo no. on the weekly charts.
2. 5,622 is 61.80% resistance on weekly charts.
3. Max that I see this move playing out is 5,630

Fundamentally, we have reports that Govt. has pushed in token fuel price hike for now. However post monsoon session, higher fuel prices hike of 5 Rs. for diesel is in the offing. Can the govt. borrow the spine :) to push in this hike.? If so, how will the market react.?

This month will have lot of external factors mostly which can impact the markets negatively.

1. US Budget talks.
2. Replacement of Fed. Chairman
3. Most important - tapering off the Fed. bond purchase.

Joker in the pack event : Obama taking approval of the congress for strike on Syria. UK has decided not to act. Germany is iffy. A timid response from the US, will take the sails away from the oil bulls.... and if oil drops, it can impact the market positively.

Second Joker : How the rupee moves. Reliance sold 400 Mil. $'s on Fri. which gave a fillip to the rupee. Does Reliance's (one of the best in market intelligence) move imply rupee will strengthen from here on.?

Lots of ifs and buts. Positional players will be short, as their view is of much longer term and can bear short term pain. As short term traders, we have to take a call based on our own reading and understanding of the market and appetite for risk, or RR setup.

So tomorrow, personally can be long or short based on intraday chart for day trade. Positionally, would like to short would look to short around 5,620 range or if the market capitulates.

My 2C.

It never matters from where you are Short or Till when you will hold it.

All I asked was till when Fresh Shorts should be hold. It is always your prerogative to tell or not.

Any way.....thanks for reply.

Cheers:D

DSM

Sure Jamit, In the market, anything is possible. In June, the market bounced up 550 points from 5,550 level. So only if we have a strong close above 5,550any upward levels become possibility.

This month is going to be interesting... as short term traders, we should cast aside our personal bias or rigid opinion and trade only in the direction pointed by the short term charts.

DSM,

The Nifty Weekly charts is providing two corroborative strong supportive weekly bars. Surely, some upside to 5700 levels is a strong possibility. From there bears are likely to re-build strong momentum as the fundamentals are steeply bearish.

DSM

Pakatil,

Last time the market had run up, PraDa had held on to his shorts (I believe) and bought calls to cover his position. This was posted in this thread.

DSM......

I hv been trading since 7 yrs. Never ever have I traded without a SL. Not even a single Trade. :) The Moment the Trade Triggers, SL will be placed. Even now my SL will stay wherever it is, irrespective of the reply. All I wanted to know was to about his view on SL.

Cheers :D

prada

@ DSM, you are right. 5530 was stiff resistance for Nifty. The ease with which it was taken out gives me a strong conviction that Nifty will test 5721(close to 200 EMA) before heading lower. Currently my positions are well hedged once 5530 was taken out. Interesting market. Resistances now stand at 5566-5605-5620-5665-5720.

Pakatil,

Last time the market had run up, PraDa had held on to his shorts (I believe) and bought calls to cover his position. This was posted in this thread.

Last edited:

whisky

5620 seems to be major resistance, that would be real test of Nifty for going long

poortrader

greenshot screen capture

Nifty might try to go upto the neckline and form a lower top before resuming its downward journey. But the bounce have been quite big at least for today. So a short around neckline levels seems to have a better risk reward ratio. views are welcome

screengrab

On Daily chart the intermiadiate top of 5755 is also an important level to watch out for in case the 5650-60 level is broken on closing basis

SexyTrader

prada

Nifty update: Nifty rally has failed at the upper end of the falling trendline although it overshot it on a closing basis. As per my earlier nifty update, gear up for turbulence. Nifty should now target the lower end of the trendline. Since I will be travelling extensively for a month, I will not be able to post updates frequently. Have an action packed September and October series. Volatility will increase moving into second/third week of September.

Happy trading month ahead...