Incisive Nifty Trend Analysis

Nifty Update: In the below post I had mentioned that if there was a reversal, then it should be expected this week or max next week. It clearly now looks like the recent rally was a pure short covering rally. This now is a reversal and market needs to be looked at from a bearish point of view in the short term. Sell at cmp and on every rise with an initial target of 5850.

PraDa

Hi prada...any upper stop loss for this view?
Thx in advance :thumb::thumb::thumb:

prada

Ideally, stoploss for my short positions would be 6220 spot. But conservative traders can have a stoploss of 6150 on closing basis. I am yet to be convinced that the correction witnessed from 6342 has concluded. I would be glad to see Nifty forming a double bottom at 5700, which would then give the market the much needed momentum to take it way above lifetime highs. We should see a bottom in place in a couple of weeks time.

PraDa

Hi prada...any upper stop loss for this view?
Thx in advance :thumb::thumb::thumb:

prada

Nifty Update:

One of the reasons for me to turn mildly bearish recently was the movement of Sensex which breached its previous low of 20164 to make a slightly lower low of 20137, whereas Nifty managed to cling onto its critical 5970 support. As long as Nifty manages to hold onto the rising trend-line indicated in the above chart, it will negate the bearish stance on the market. Short term trend has turned mildly bullish, whereas both the medium term as well as long term trend remains very strongly bullish. Moving into the month of December, I expect Nifty to take out its life time high convincingly and surge past it with ease. Charts of both the BSE midcap index and Bankex is indicating a strong build up of positive momentum. Once BSE midcap index takes out its recent high of 6355, it should target 6580-6600. Bank Nifty as seen above took support at its 61.8 % retracement level and has bounced back strongly ever since. Once 11750-11800 is taken out decisively, we should see a strong upsurge to 12500-13000 levels. A weekly Nifty close above 6350 will accentuate the strong uptrend in the market setting it on a memorable ride. From an investment point of view, this is the time to cherry pick some of the high quality midcap stocks trading at dirt cheap valuations. Who knows, one might never get to see these prices again in his/her lifetime. In 2009, I had bought a chunk of HCL tech at a price of Rs.98 and sold the same once my money tripled and today every one knows what it is quoting at. I can't even dream of buying back HCL tech at 98. Hope you'll get the moral of the story. There are plenty and plenty of extremely high quality stocks quoting at very cheap valuations and I urge you'll to start investing apart from your usual trading activities. All the best and to your trading and enjoy the upcoming Santa Clause ride!

PraDa

Last edited:

prada

In one of my earlier posts, I had mentioned a few stocks which have already performed quite well. Selective PSU banks like PNB and Canara bank, BHEL, LICHFL, Yes bank, Bank of India, JP Associates etc . I am particularly extremely bullish on Financials for which the worst seems to be over.

Hi Prada,
Could you pls quote some of the high quality stocks for investment purpose with 18-24 month horizon?

Thanks in advance.

Warm regards,
Bugsnj

saakk

In one of my earlier posts, I had mentioned a few stocks which have already performed quite well. Selective PSU banks like PNB and Canara bank, BHEL, LICHFL, Yes bank, Bank of India, JP Associates etc . I am particularly extremely bullish on Financials for which the worst seems to be over.
Sir,
Technically or Fundamentally ?????

prada

Its been a hectic year end and have been preoccupied with plenty of work. As a result updates have been irregular.

Nifty update: Trend is still up and the correction witnessed after taking out the life time high is perceived by me as a simple correction in an ongoing strong uptrend. There have been plenty of bearish voices in the media calling for a deep correction. Unfortunately these voices will be disappointed, once this correction ends. Upcoming eventful week, IMO, will provide the much needed trigger for the market to resume its uptrend. Nifty has strong support below 6150 right upto 6050. Buying on dips is suggested with a target of 6600 in the near term. Wishing one and all a very good year end trading followed by a Fantastic New year ahead.

PraDa