Incisive Nifty Trend Analysis

SEVEN STAR

Let alone nifty achieving life time highs, it is unable to take out 52 week high when US markets have been hitting multi year highs. This in itself is a testimony to the underlying weakness in our markets. Your target is quite ambitious on Nifty. Please read my post in the first page of this thread wherein I've already looked at the possibility if in case 5630 is taken out. Although Nifty's co-relation with SP500 on the way up has not been intact, I expect it to be so on the way down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEVEN STAR
Sir my study says S&P500 can get to target of 1550 n that has tentatively confirmed by this P&F chart.. and DAX target 7500..i may go wrong also

your reply..7 star, IMO, I think , 1550 needs to wait until we see sub 1100 levels in the months ahead. With respect to nifty, 5500 and higher levels are possible only if 5450 is taken out. Until then , we can expect some grinding within a range.

next my post
Our market Nifty 5392 taken out 5520 is the target
Higher tops Higher bottom 4770..5350..
5220 bottom if it take out 5450 next expected high can be 5720
it's too early to predict..it is just if's and but's
below message was posted yesterday and my target 5580 hit
Timing the market is extremely difficult one. Missed out a good entry point too a bad trade. There is no bottom or tops in the market..only all those chart's are past data's that gives a best probabilities but future is unknown . A trader can only control over his/her losses . Technically our market consolidated (frustrated all of us) maximum time spent between 5000 to 5400 through this year ..any close above 5450 ..next 5580..5720 the break out push will be swift to hit the targets..stop loss at 5280 will come back when the 2nd target hit. Thank u all .I was bit critic about mr.Prada professionally n as a chart annalist nothing personal have due respect for his literacy

i am not here to say anything just posting past messages had our discussion went on smoothly without any bias that could have helped many..still i stick with my stand and to my target whether it is S&P DAX or NIFTY.when Market is trending up in all technical parameters it is difficult to understand how one can think of bearishness ..
that is why i did asked you.. this on 12th..
thanks for detailed explanation technically where do you see weakness or you foresee any other reason's for the world market crash/weakness in coming days.
Is there any rules that us n uk market out/under performs other countries to fallow it.. ........

This what happens when many are pessimistic just wait for the positive news flows one after the other FDI aprroval rbi policy all will boost the market
Finaly FII's who are continually pumping in money ..need higher levels to distribute it to local public who are likely enter at the end of this rally..
any way do any one know the monkey story..will post it below..
Happy trading....

Last edited:

SEVEN STAR

The Monkey Story

How the stock market works.

Once upon a time in a village, a man appeared and announced to the villagers that he would buy monkeys for $10 each.

The villagers, seeing that there were many monkeys around, went out to the forest and started catching them. The man bought thousands at $10 and as supply started to diminish, the villagers stopped their effort.

He further announced that he would now buy at $20. This renewed the efforts of the villagers and they started catching monkeys again.

Soon the supply diminished even further and people started going back to their farms.

The offer increased to $25 each and the supply of monkeys became so little that it was an effort to even see a monkey, let alone catch it!

The man now announced that he would buy monkeys at $50! However, since he had to go to the city on some business, his assistant would now buy on behalf of him.

In the absence of the man, the assistant told the villagers; “Look at all these monkeys in the big cage that the man has collected. I will sell them to you at $35 and when the man returns from the city, you can sell them to him for $50 each.”

The villagers rounded up with all their savings and bought all the monkeys. Then they never saw the man nor his assistant, only monkeys everywhere!

Now you have a better understanding of how the stock market works.

L

SEVEN STAR

No annalists can be sure of the out come his/her analysis there is nothing wrong some of the prediction can going wrong ... i was dead sure With the level of language and the attitude of Mr. Prada that he is an extremely respect full person but it is been disturbed by biased and egoistic way of understanding the debate by some of the borders here and had led to this level of problem..any way many thanks to all have good profitable trading days..good bye to all in this thread and will never return back again

josh1

Yes, but the move was much faster than estimated. Nifty has gone above the upper TL joining high of 10 Jul and 23 Aug. So next tgt is 5700. which is somewhere along the upper dotted TL, unless nifty closes below 5510 today.
Will post the chart later

I feel that Nifty has gone up too fast. Next week being third week, some cooling off/side ways movement is possible. Once it crosses, 5600, it will reach anywhere between 5700 - 5800. The target on upper TL will shift as per speed. Positional traders having longs can keep stop loss below dotted TL.

Nifty has already made two gap ups. Third can be exhaustive.

Stock trendy

FDI in multi-brand retail, aviation, 4 PSU sell-offs okayed
With a view to curb the burgeoning fiscal deficit and bringing the economy back on track, the government today opened India's retail sector to foreign supermarkets on Friday, a major economic reform that has been stalled for months by political gridlock in New Delhi.
DIWALI RALLY STARTED

Over many years of trading I have learnt one simple fact: Never argue with the trend. I have done so when I was a newbie & burnt my fingers. In markets best of studies will fail because markets simply do not care for nor does it NEED to care for you.
No doubt that present market situation is irrational. What Fed, ECB has done is only kicked the ball further down the road & this ball is getting bigger as time passes. This bail outs is creating a temporary feeling of optimism, just like a fix.

We have to trim our sails as per direction of the wind because we are small time traders. So friends right now trend is up, enjoy the ride.When the tide turns be ready to take a ride of your life time. Keep volumes low so that you do not get caught on the wrong side with large amount invested.
This is my opinion only. Please do not get influenced by my thoughts & trade as per your views.

Trade safely at all times.

prada

Weekly Market update:

Since many of you'll out here are criticizing me for not looking at the ongoing trend, let me put aside the bigger picture for some time and concentrate on the ongoing rally deeply which I think will extend for sometime and could prove our dear friend '7 star' right. If this trend continues and if all goes well, which in my opinion it should, fueled by liquidity we can be staring at life time highs soon. Let us take it one step at a time and be prepared for a trend reversal( if in case it happens ). Does that mean my bearish outlook changes? No, the bubble will only get bigger and the burst will happen at a later point which we shall analyse separately in the weeks ahead.

After an extensive research overnight, let me present my views as below:

SP500- The upcoming week could see some correction in the index bringing it down to 1425 levels before it resumes its upmove wherein it should be targeting 1500. This view will hold good as long as the index stays above 1365.

Nifty- Global Euphoria coupled with long awaited reform measures by the govt. fueled a stellar rally in our bourses which is now trading above the crucial 5450 level. However since the rally is quite stretched at the moment globally as well as in our markets, a dip to 5450-5480 is possible in the upcoming week. This dip will provide an excellent opportunity to enter the market. Strong support exists near 5370 level. However the only risk I perceive in this ongoing rally is the formation of a double top at 5630. Let us see how the week unfolds!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Just to add to the views of Anillal and sevenstar just mentioned. One of the members here was thinking himselves to be an ABSOUTE technical analysis genius. He was so sure that he fixed the limit on mkt based on his technical analysis and said 5550 is the MAX TARGET Nifty can reach.

And now the person is giving all sorts theories(Inflation, Fast rising prices)

{....}

:thumb:
Hi MV
About whom u r talking. U shld b specific n clear.
It is 2 difficult 2 remmbr all prvs posts
or bettr use quote btn placed at RH corner below to quote thr words.